Maranuk Equipment in Pa. Anyone bought from them??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well to keep this thread going i guess ill fire back

i do appreciate the customer feedback , but if you think my prices are so high then don't buy any of my trucks. its a real simple concept , YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !, and for NCTREE, you are a witness to my operation. you seen about five million in inventory. and yes i am not open to wasting a saturday to show you a truck, just so you can waste my time and bring a mechanic back next Saturday. then leave again and make your mind up if you want to buy a truck. if you showed up with cash or check and another driver to take your car home you would of got treated alot diferently, insted you show up to look at a truck with your 2 dogs. i knew it was a waste of time from the second i pulled into my shop. i just dont have time to waste on tire kickers. i enjoy my business. i have a reputation for having the highest quality equipment in the industry. we are certified to rebuild any make booms, we have a full blown on site fabrication facility. so for you guys who sit on here and **** chat keep it up. your only making my business more famous

Whatever happened to the guy from Colorado who broke down 5 mins after he left your place in a truck he bought that blew up and you brushed him off? Just saying.......

Dont make joe (tristate) mad. He will sue you.

Hey joe why dont you paint those trucks brown so that when they start to rust out through the paint you cant tell. Plus whenever anyone seen a #### brown piece of crap truck they would know it was bought from tristate forestry equipment.

I wanted to tell you I talked a fellow as member out of looking st your rear mount you have for sale :hmm3grin2orange:

I am safe up here in the great white north, can't sue the truth can you? :msp_tongue:

Just make sure if you go see Joe you bring another driver and check in hand or you will be treated like dirt.

They all are all the same (equiptment dealers), in fact the larger they are the more difficult to deal with and the more likely they are to co you and not stand up to what they say... Once your out the door and the sale is made you have no recourse with them, regardless of what BS they gave you before or what they claim their reputation to be. They all are the same, go to auction, buy what they think they can win the bid and can be sold, paint and safety and its on the lot for 100 to 150% what they have invested. It's thier type of business and I DONT CARE WHAT OR WHO CLAIMS DIFFERENT ITS NOT AN HONEST LIVING! We are making an honest hard working effort each time we go out there, stand behind what we do and say until in makes in either financially or physically bleed and these guys are simply con men ... There are a few decent people out there but they are but a drop in the ocean of slime that is out there... The large construction companies and big utility contractors are who keep these guys going and the smart consumer will see through them in a heartbeat and will walk when the BS starts to flow, so they get frustrated when you show up and ask the wrong (incriminating type) of questions... I hope Joe from Tristate has got an answer for this... But I would rather just asks how well he sleeps at night knowing that he is essentially stealing and conning honest hardworking people for a living.

hope Joe from Tristate has got an answer for this... But I would rather just asks how well he sleeps at night knowing that he is essentially stealing and conning honest hardworking people for a living.

Joe is just charging what the market will pay. Retail markup is extraordinarily high on a lot of stuff we buy without batting an eye, especially "brand name" or trendy yuppie stuff. 100% markup doesn't sound crazy at all...he has gotta cover his overhead - stuff like insurance, taxes, administration, financing charges, inventory, advertising, and a myriad of other costs you and I take for granted. Joe ain't running a not-for-profit business. It ain't a charity. It is the buyer's responsibility to check stuff out.
Go sell some logs to a sawmill and see what they will pay you for them.....then check the price of a couple of 2x10s at Home Depot. Is HD ripping you off cause of what the sawmill paid you? Did the sawmill cheat you?
(nb. I don't know Joe from a hole in the ground. If he misrepresents / lies about the equipment he is selling, (puts lipstick on a pig), then I hope his nose falls off and he is forced to eat only Kraft Dinner the rest of his life)

OK, so I am following Perlorus idea here, but I have some evidence - http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-80-...FRAUD-FRAUD-Did-I-mention-FRAUD-Intern-932320

Exactly the same idea as what Happened with the guy from Colorado but with I 80

(replace *** with tree buzz . com) And On Tri-State - http://www.************/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=374754&page=0&fpart=all&vc=1

And of Course on this side of the Border over here in Canada, I've had my own experiences with Paramount Trucks in Richmond Hill, and I will avoid the drama of what I discussed but I cannot even start with Broken Promises and BS from Sales Reps.

In these two little blurbs if you read them Carefully there are intentional acts to cover up mechanics reports, blur photos, lies (on Miles and accident reports - see tree buzz) and dishonoring the Warranty given to a customer (see ripoff link). Let me break down the core of these guys business practices. You go to an auction and buy anything starts and drives for next to nothing. You usually float it back to basecamp paint it white and make sure the safety issues (not mechanical ones) are addressed so you not on the hook for killing someone and move the unit down the road. Most of the time it works out and when it doesn't its 'buyer's beware' and thats that. They don't care about recalls, engine problems or why the unit is at auction in the first place. Once they have invested they need to move the product, period...

It would be nice if they would run a truck, chipper or stump through its paces, really tweak it and work the kinks out and sell a top product for top dollar, but that is not what happens, even though these guys have the resources to do that. Read the links on Tree Buzz and you will hear the claim that they have 8 of the same truck, so my question is... If you have 8 of the same truck, why not keep one off the road as a parts truck and fix the motor/tranny/etc.. issue that the bad one has? Is it that hard to give someone a fair deal, or at least be big enough to admit you messed up and fix the truck or Take it back and start over with a new or decent cab and chassis?

Anyway, Enough ranting... Sorry.

I have seen some of the trucks that came off the auction lines and some are real rough. If you aren't the type that is mechanical inclined, I would buy one from a dealer

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I have seen some of the trucks that came off the auction lines and some are real rough. If you aren't the type that is mechanical inclined, I would buy one from a dealer

thats funny considering the "dealer support" in this thread so far... :)
But i appreciate the concern and would never buy something without a mechanics pre purchase inspection.

thats funny considering the "dealer support" in this thread so far... :)
But i appreciate the concern and would never buy something without a mechanics pre purchase inspection.
What I meant is if you can't fix stuff yourself you could end up spending more buying one at a auction. I have seen some that were badly rusted and would have had to have Bodie pieces cut.out and a new one welded in.

They all are all the same (equiptment dealers), in fact the larger they are the more difficult to deal with and the more likely they are to co you and not stand up to what they say... Once your out the door and the sale is made you have no recourse with them, regardless of what BS they gave you before or what they claim their reputation to be. They all are the same, go to auction, buy what they think they can win the bid and can be sold, paint and safety and its on the lot for 100 to 150% what they have invested. It's thier type of business and I DONT CARE WHAT OR WHO CLAIMS DIFFERENT ITS NOT AN HONEST LIVING! We are making an honest hard working effort each time we go out there, stand behind what we do and say until in makes in either financially or physically bleed and these guys are simply con men ... There are a few decent people out there but they are but a drop in the ocean of slime that is out there... The large construction companies and big utility contractors are who keep these guys going and the smart consumer will see through them in a heartbeat and will walk when the BS starts to flow, so they get frustrated when you show up and ask the wrong (incriminating type) of questions... I hope Joe from Tristate has got an answer for this... But I would rather just asks how well he sleeps at night knowing that he is essentially stealing and conning honest hardworking people for a living.
AshTree, you don't have a clue what you are talking about and are extremely insulting. Do we really have to explain to you how capitalism works??
There are good and bad players in every industry. I assume you have been mistreated by someone at some point and this has twisted you and I'm sorry for that but don't put all dealers in one big pot. We are not all the same and I don't know any who are out there just to rip people off. Remember, we all came up through the ranks, have all work in the industries that we serve. If ones business model is to burn everyone they can they are not going to be in business very long. Not everyone is going to be happy with the deal. There is no way to know what will happen in the future and no way to insure that nothing will go wrong. This is used equipment and if you can not handle the risk then buy brand new and get the warranty.

AshTree, you don't have a clue what you are talking about and are extremely insulting. Do we really have to explain to you how capitalism works??
There are good and bad players in every industry. I assume you have been mistreated by someone at some point and this has twisted you and I'm sorry for that but don't put all dealers in one big pot. We are not all the same and I don't know any who are out there just to rip people off. Remember, we all came up through the ranks, have all work in the industries that we serve. If ones business model is to burn everyone they can they are not going to be in business very long. Not everyone is going to be happy with the deal. There is no way to know what will happen in the future and no way to insure that nothing will go wrong. This is used equipment and if you can not handle the risk then buy brand new and get the warranty.

You think I'm green or I'm new to doing business? I have plently "Clue" about what your and many other dealers are about, I can go to the auction too, and I have and I have been in the trade long enough to know what's what, what is junk and what is not Junk, I have bought enough Junk and fixed trucks to the point I know more than some who have been in the trade for some time. You and a few others out there are doing fair and legitimate business, I recognize that, but a lot, the majority I have recognized, do not have the buyers best interest in mind and will lie to you straight to you face until whatever it is sold. That is why there is a market for a lot of the junk that is out there... Such as any GMC (Izuzu - Frankenstein) with a 3126 CAT diesel, or any truck approaching about 180 miles with that engine, GMC's Buckets with gas engines with a lot of weight to haul on a consistent basis, New Chevys with Absurd parts prices and 07 an 08 internationals with all kinds of impossible electrical problems, any Ford with the 6.4 diesel made in 08 onward (F350), the "Terrible Star or Terra-star international trucks with the same motor... and the list goes on and on... Good, reputable dealers don't sell problems to people, but there are tons of trucks like this on the market and at a certain point, people get complacent and pass on what ever is on the auction block that they can make money on - you know it and so do I and you can't get all offended by it. Its the reality - if you don't think what I said is true talk to heavy mechanic who's been around a while.

You think I'm green or I'm new to doing business? I have plently "Clue" about what your and many other dealers are about, I can go to the auction too, and I have and I have been in the trade long enough to know what's what, what is junk and what is not Junk, I have bought enough Junk and fixed trucks to the point I know more than some who have been in the trade for some time. You and a few others out there are doing fair and legitimate business, I recognize that, but a lot, the majority I have recognized, do not have the buyers best interest in mind and will lie to you straight to you face until whatever it is sold. That is why there is a market for a lot of the junk that is out there... Such as any GMC (Izuzu - Frankenstein) with a 3126 CAT diesel, or any truck approaching about 180 miles with that engine, GMC's Buckets with gas engines with a lot of weight to haul on a consistent basis, New Chevys with Absurd parts prices and 07 an 08 internationals with all kinds of impossible electrical problems, any Ford with the 6.4 diesel made in 08 onward (F350), the "Terrible Star or Terra-star international trucks with the same motor... and the list goes on and on... Good, reputable dealers don't sell problems to people, but there are tons of trucks like this on the market and at a certain point, people get complacent and pass on what ever is on the auction block that they can make money on - you know it and so do I and you can't get all offended by it. Its the reality - if you don't think what I said is true talk to heavy mechanic who's been around a while.
I got ripped by one of them he sold me a Bucket with a Cat motor that had a cracked block where the rod smacked it and it was patched with JB weld!

Latest posts

Back