Marks carvings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1CallLandscape said:
carvinmark, your a very talented carver! great sculptures!!! any suggestions for a budding carver like my self?

-mike
Hello Mike,
Check out www.chainsawsculptors.com If you can find somebody close to you that carves that will help. Most people that carve like to help each other.Best advice I can give is spend about 100.00 on a carving bar with a fresh chain,they are amazing and make it soooo much easier to carve.Good luck.

Mark

carvinmark said:
Would you do some P.R. for me???? Heck at those figures we could do almost a 50/50 split and I would be ahead of where I am now.lol. Seriously,I do know what you mean but when the buyers only have 50.00 to spend and you get them to dig up another 25.00,I gotta take it. You are right, I need the right market.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I deal with this same issue in my woodworking side business. Too many people believe they can have something built cheaper than they can buy it at Walmart.:rolleyes: I've learned to let these people go as they're really not potential clients. I've shifted my marketing a bit to emphasize quality craftsmanship, superior materials and customization. Hopefully it works out in the long run. I'd sure like to quit my day job and do this for a living. Best of luck to you!

ps- If you figure this before I do, hook a brotha up:)

His eagles are very good. Interesting... The guy I linked to is a pretty good musician, too. Picks a mean banjo & dobro.

aggiewoodbutchr said:
I deal with this same issue in my woodworking side business. Too many people believe they can have something built cheaper than they can buy it at Walmart.:rolleyes: I've learned to let these people go as they're really not potential clients. I've shifted my marketing a bit to emphasize quality craftsmanship, superior materials and customization. Hopefully it works out in the long run. I'd sure like to quit my day job and do this for a living. Best of luck to you!

ps- If you figure this before I do, hook a brotha up:)

I run my Log home accessories company the same way as you and it has worked very well for me.

Morel Technique?

I sell more of these than even I can belive. Everybody can afford 20.00. When they watch you from start to finish(with color) in 15 min. I make these out of my cutt-offs from my business-my junk!!!

What's your technique for carving the holes in a morel? I carved my first one this afternoon and carved the holes by making 2 cresent shaped cuts like for an eye socket. Not a bad result but I spent an hour on this one.
http://www.woodhacker.com/morel-1.html

Butch
www.WoodHacker.com

What's your technique for carving the holes in a morel? I carved my first one this afternoon and carved the holes by making 2 cresent shaped cuts like for an eye socket. Not a bad result but I spent an hour on this one.
http://www.woodhacker.com/morel-1.html

Butch
www.WoodHacker.com

I like your mushroom!!! I have done them the same way and it seems to be much slower. I have been working on ways I can knock out shrooms as fast as I can. I use a dime tip on my 200 and just bore round and oblong divits, it is real fast.
I ruff them out and go right to putting the divits in, then burn real hard to get strings and saw marks off, then use a brass wire brush (brass doesn't leave many scratches in the burn), then grind using a Saburr-Tooth disc on a 4" grinder. These discs are absoutly the best.
Hope this helps you, I haven't posted any of my latest shrooms, they seem to be getting better, I will post my latest as soon as I get some free time.

Saburr Tooth

I had a look at those Saburr Tooth tools this morning. Very nice looking stuff but not priced for impulse buying. They're on my *to do* list now...

By all means, do post a pic of your newest morels.

Butch

I had a look at those Saburr Tooth tools this morning. Very nice looking stuff but not priced for impulse buying. They're on my *to do* list now...

By all means, do post a pic of your newest morels.

Butch

Those tools are well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will post next chance I get

Back