Marks carvings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saburr Tooth Injuries?

I had a look at those Saburr Tooth tools this morning.
Butch

I asked some local carvers [my teachers] about the Saburr Tooth for a 4 1/2" grinder and they said they're difficult to control if you hit something wrong. One of them showed me a 6 inch long scar on his stomach from his Saburr Tooth. Both have thrown their discs away!

I'd like to hear comments from any carvers using the Saburr Tooth on an angle grinder.

I'm sorry to hear that people are being hurt by these discs. The first time I used them, I was shocked as to how tight of a death grip I had to hold on to the grinder with.
I persaonaly like agressive tools, alot.
Wish I would have been the recieptent of those $50.00 discs.
Hope nobody gets hurt, but I sure do like how agressive they are.
If you try these out, anybody, make sure you have the handle on your grinder and be prepared for some real action.

The first time I used them, I was shocked as to how tight of a death grip I had to hold on to the grinder with.

I am sure that preparedness, good sense and not working when fatigued or distracted can prevent a lot of accidents but who has time for those things when creativity is flowing? ;)

Some months ago, I bought one of those Lancelot chainsaw disks for my grinder. Wow can those things move wood! But I've heard one too many stories of serious hand injuries from those things. Mine now sits on the bench and I continue my search for faster ways to move wood and keep my fingers.

Flexcut

Got the address.

I use Flexcut chisels but haven't tried power chisels of any kind. Sure do like my Makita die grinder though! In order of time used, I use chainsaws, 4 1/2" angle grinder with 24 grit flap wheel, die grinder, chisels & gouges, dremel, belt sander, and pocket knife. [Pocket knife is usually a shorter walk than the chisels...]

Latest posts

Back