Marlbank Chainsaw Challenge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KodiakII

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'v been going since it started. My brother was a veay close friend of Wyatt Davis. The chainsaw throwing is good fun, they take the bar off the saw and see who can throw it the furthest (not running of course). I have been debating on setting up the sawmill for a on site demo next year and trying to talk my wife in to participating in the chainsaw events.
Anyway its a lot of fun to watch and participate in My family will be going for sure

If your one of first throws use the starter handle and the rope. Wing it over your shoulder, like trying to set a rope in a tree.......:rock:

They make you hold it with two hands one on each handle, its hard as hell to get any distance, but I did better at that than I did running the saws!:msp_tongue:

I'v been going since it started. My brother was a veay close friend of Wyatt Davis. The chainsaw throwing is good fun, they take the bar off the saw and see who can throw it the furthest (not running of course). I have been debating on setting up the sawmill for a on site demo next year and trying to talk my wife in to participating in the chainsaw events.
Anyway its a lot of fun to watch and participate in My family will be going for sure

Bill's told me the story, and its quite sad.
Was Wyatt Vernie's son?

Did some business with Vernie when coon skins were worth something.

Anyways Ill be there...say hi

They make you hold it with two hands one on each handle, its hard as hell to get any distance, but I did better at that than I did running the saws!:msp_tongue:

That was hard wasn't it... I think i got 4 or 5 or something.About 10 feet less than the winner..
The winner was that kid from the crowd that's even bigger than you Les.

You guys showing?

That was hard wasn't it... I think i got 4 or 5 or something.About 10 feet less than the winner..

You guys showing?

Not sure yet if I can get away I have a couple of jobs to get done, haven't heard from Aric in a dogs age.

I knew I should have saved all my mini macs so I can enter in this contest. I have had a few of those fly across my shop a time or two.

You guys showing?

Being tall like he was, is a big advantage I could have won if I wasn't so dainty and petite!:laugh:

what are you saying , your ballet dancer physic didn't cut the mustard?

Its all that good livin Les...

Looking forward to a visit.

and if you have a spare husky small mount 60dl, please bring, I've lost mine

Back