Mastermind meets the Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your 261 is in a box.......not sure it'll ever get mailed now......:msp_confused:

Well that's just plain dirty Randy. In fact, that is meanspirited as well. I was afraid this might happen spending all this time over here in the Chainsaw Forum with the likes of Brad.......LOL!!!
I was tryin' to bring the OT Forum to you, since you are obviously to busy to come visit us..........LOL!!!!

Well that's just plain dirty Randy. In fact, that is meanspirited as well. I was afraid this might happen spending all this time over here in the Chainsaw Forum with the likes of Brad.......LOL!!!
I was tryin' to bring the OT Forum to you, since you are obviously to busy to come visit us..........LOL!!!!

I'm sorry and stuff.

Some rep might being me back to my senses......I ain't gettin any. :(

I think the next "Mastermoob meets blah blah" should be in the off topic side.

Always off the track anyways, and it would be easier to explain to people that we're about saws and stuff, and stuff.

Last edited:
I just finished a 394. I used a 395 piston since the locator pins are both above the intake port. That way you can go wild on the uppers. :)

The BB 064 I just built has much lower intake timing than stock. It turned out to have #### load of torque, but not so much rpm.....13,400 unloaded.

I thought about relocating the pins but you can get enough flow without doing it. I've found they too like a lot of intake timing... around 158 as apposed to the stock 140, widen out the transfers and they get by with more then stock blowdown 20 as apposed to stock 16. It does help them sip as apposed to guzzle fuel.

I can't remember exactly but I thought the 395 pistons have a little less skirt on them so I couldn't go as far on the exhaust and intake width. Hopefully I'll find the bits and pieces to put together my last 394/395 carcase, this time I want to try a 395BB kit but I need the missing intake/carb setup.

I think the low unloaded RPM is pretty typical for BB kits. You're probably better off that way as well since there is a little more mass going up and down. I'm always trying to lighten pistons on ported saws to help them from tearing themselves to bits. Back in day our racing program found out that our piston failures (pin pulling out the bottom) was due to the mass of the piston bending the piston transverse to the pin boss and causing the pin to crack out the bottom of the piston. The solution was to go to non full skirt pistons (very closely resembling the one you just put in this Dolmar) that also had webs between the pin bosses. Haven't had a problem since with our Dirt Late Model 870hp turning 9200RPM, 418ci SB2 motors, but we spent a lot of money figuring out all problems.

I think the next "Mastermoob meets blah blah" sound be in the off topic side.

Always off the track anyways, and it would be easier to explain to people that we're about saws and stuff, and stuff.

Dislike! :msp_biggrin:

I've moved on to the next saw. The Dolmar is running great. :msp_thumbup:

Them mufflers are a ##### though. :hmm3grin2orange:

More pics and video later. :msp_thumbsup:

I'm working on a Husqvarna 455 Rancher.......the smell in the shop is overwhelming me..... :mad2:

Latest posts

Back