Masterminded 346XP Tips And Tricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, what brand do recommend Brian?
breakinoilpintlr-wht-recrop.jpg

Or you can mix the first couple tanks at 25 to 1 and get the same results though ,or just mix 40 to 1 and run it like you stole it and see what happens . If it has higher over 200 psi comp go 40 or 32 to 1 for reg use though . 4 oz to a gallon gives you 32 to 1 ,4 oz to 1.25 gallons is 40 to 1 .

Most of my modded saws I set at factory specs, which may or may not be the reason they last so long.
Does anyone remember the guy that offered to fix my KD 346 jug?
John

Yeah..that was me, I said give me your money and I'll go set up around the corner.
The offer still stands friend..lol

Honestly don't remember. Still going though.
That's the main thing, If they are one piece they definitely aren't the same ones I got then
They were cheap and a headache. I think I'm running one now that is good. One that was still in the plastic bag , I could see that the conductor was exposed at the coil. Hit and miss. I did ask you this question before.
Same question same answer. Stands to reason. Just like I gave John ^^^

ALCO syntetic 2t oil. 1:25 on first 2 gallons.
Wouldn't tig be better for fixing jugs?

I was talking to some line cutters last night and they said the 346 will out produce the 365 mainly due to the fatigue factor.
Don't know if your talking exploration/Seismic (Geophysical) or utility lines. There is no real disadvantage for that saw in most areas. Guy could run a 24' if they wanted on the flat ground.
I worked with a utility company in '09 when things were slow. I slashed a bit with it. I had a new 22" k095 mount in my collection from my 357's and I ended up falling mostly pine with it after my mains went in my 372. It was a strong saw stock.
the crew had 16" bars on theirs. I 'slammed it' and put the bar wrench through the muffler a few times. and changed the pill (vent) that screwed me for a while. It was summer and it was pressuring up and back flowing into the carb when I'd shut it off. Sweet little saws.
I had Jonny do me one up with custom wrap and 357 Faller dogs for the north. I never used it unfortunately and traded it.
Maybe another day again.

Will you be using JB weld Jamie, or that a trade secret? Lol

No its definitely a secrect. That's why I got to set up around the corner. I mean collectively there are more of you guys than there are of me so. Well my psychiatrist my say different. I just think he's talking about me again. Hey how did you get my initials (JB)..lol

There is some pretty crazy products.
Hint: look in the Marine

Now getting onto the tips.....

When you port a 346XP, the tank vent doesn't seem to keep up.

View attachment 393383

Push the guts out with a stiff wire.....

View attachment 393384

View attachment 393385

Put only the big silver piece back in......throw all that other stuff in the trash.

I took my vent apart and didn't notice how it came apart. It's obvious except a the black and white pieces look like they can be inserted either way. Not knowing which side is "up" on those pieces, would it hurt anything to just do as you say and only insert the big silver piece back in....on a saw that IS NOT ported? My muffler has been opened though.

I took my vent apart and didn't notice how it came apart. It's obvious except a the black and white pieces look like they can be inserted either way. Not knowing which side is "up" on those pieces, would it hurt anything to just do as you say and only insert the big silver piece back in....on a saw that IS NOT ported? My muffler has been opened though.
No, venting is like concrete boots, you can never over do it.

No, venting is like concrete boots, you can never over do it.

Thanks for the reply. Why are there four parts inside the filter housing if only one is needed? Not doubting what you say. Just curious as it looks very purposely engineered.

Back