Masterminded 395xp working in Australia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-giddy-

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
G'day fellers I'm reasonably new to the forum not much of a poster, more of a reader and observer. My old man is a regualr on this forum, but he can reveal who he is if he wants!

After Dad had recieved a few packages in the mail for Randy the Mastermind I decided I needed one too, because my 288xp wasn't cutting the mustard anymore! So a new 395 was located in the US an promtly sent to Randy then over here to Australia.

A few weeks ago a mate told me a decent tree had been pushed over with an excavator to make way for a landing strip on his neighbour farm for his ultralights. And that his 359 might have a bit of trouble.. So I loaded up the new 395xp (24" bar), the 346xp (16" bar) and borrowed Dad's 2171 Jonsered with a 20" bar, as I'm thinking I need a 372xp to cover the mid range gap in my saws.

The first day we didn't have a lot of time, so the tree was limbed, most of the small to medium branches cut up and the root ball cut off so the farmer could burn it before we returned the following week.

We returned yesterday and I put around 9 tanks through the 395 and the job was done. I have no idea how I got through with out owning a ported saw for so long! Randy done a great job and I'm stoked!

I'll try and get the photos in order plus there is a video of real "hard wood" being cut even though its still green.

Cheers Nick

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6aduboCMv_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20121008_110053.jpg

20121008_110140.jpg

20121008_110202.jpg

20121022_143524.jpg

20121022_143535.jpg

Nice saw dude, but my Lord - bend you knees. Your back wont last a year like that!

This needs a bump back to page one.

Edit--I wonder if this post was delayed pending "approval?"

From what I can tell tell it was delayed due to starting a thread with only one post to my user name, or maybe I haven't registered properly!

Thanks for the positive words.

Few more photos I found

20121022_143550.jpg

20121022_143615.jpg

20121022_143656.jpg

Sweet :msp_thumbup: Love that sound!

Its addictive thats for sure!

And I think I found a reason why my posts are delayed!

If you posted a link or a picture with only one post, a mod has to approve it to make sure it isn't spam. Far as time to approve it, when one sees it they should take care of it. A lot of post to go through here so it might take them a little bit.

Guess the extra pictures I posted will have to wait for approval too!

Good stuff Nick,dont ya just live that Yellowbox :(

The sap that covers everything is horrible. I've got gummed up chains soaking now and it took me about 2 hours to clean the saw. I think there is still traces of Sap embedded on the front a/v spring..:( But it does burn well yellow box!

Nice work. Now you need to work on those wheels with your splitter so you can burn them next winter.;)

What about the other option of getting a modded 3120XP with an 8T or 9T rim sprocket and really get the job done properly

It's only a measly 118cc of cutting power, because they don't make a 160cc big bore kit,,,, "yet"

What about the other option of getting a modded 3120XP with an 8T or 9T rim sprocket and really get the job done properly

It's only a measly 118cc of cutting power, because they don't make a 160cc big bore kit,,,, "yet"

and the BB kit probably won't have any more power than OEM

I would be more than happy to report my findings if i could get my grubby, sweaty hands on a 160cc big bore kit for the 3120XP :msp_thumbsup:

Back