Mastermind's ported MS441CM-R still tearing it up.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcsupraman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Been almost a year since I sent Randy my MS441 M-tronic. Although I have to admit I was a little nervous sending my new saw to a guy I never met and had never worked on an M-tronic saw, all turned out very well and I still very pleased with this saw.

Forecasters are predicting up to 24" of snow in my area today....so I was a little bored and figured I would make my first ever chainsaw cutting video.

Enjoy

[video=youtube_share;cEDWzv33_wk]http://youtu.be/cEDWzv33_wk[/video]

Very nice! Im a husqy man myself, but the 441cmr would be the one stihl i would own in a heartbeat! :rock:

just sent mine

I just shipped my 441M-Tronic to Randy last week, can't wait to see what it is made of when I get her back!:rock:

Very Nice. I'm still waiting to see one of these or a 460 run against a 461.

You and me both brad lol. I put another tank through the 441 a couple of days ago running a 20" bar and 8 pin sprocket. I have to say the 8 pin sprocket and 20'' bar is a good combination on that saw.

I'm guess that it would be a closer than a lot of guys think.

I have ran both non CM and CM 441s, and stock for stock the CM will out cut the Non CM.

I have had the privilege to run a stock 461 and I must say the 461 is torquey as hell lol, with that said though it is still not as smooth as my 441 both stock and ported. 461 is smooth but the 441 is just a hair smoother IMO and it shows. If Stihl combines gobs or torque and a smooth power delivery with their 661 I'm all in for buying one.

I put another tank through the 441 a couple of days ago running a 20" bar and 8 pin sprocket. I have to say the 8 pin sprocket and 20'' bar is a good combination on that saw.

I just got the 8 pin this morning to try it out....I like it!

I just shipped my 441M-Tronic to Randy last week, can't wait to see what it is made of when I get her back!:rock:

I think you will be very pleased with the results - the difference is night and day.

Very Nice. I'm still waiting to see one of these or a 460 run against a 461.

Can you wait to mid week? Wouldn't have imagined getting this far behind....should have had these done two weeks ago really. Hunting up some big sticks over the weekend.

how much trouble have you had with the m-tronic system on that stihl?????:cool2:

None at all.

In fact, Stihl isn't going to get another dollar of my money unless they come out with another M-tronic saw.

Mines been ported since October. It is my favorite saw to run at work. It broke in very well after around 20 tanks or so and has ran strong ever since. It would be close in a race against my ported 372xpw but I think the 441C is a fudge faster. I like everything about it.

Be tween the 7900, xpw, and 441C, I would definetly keep the 441C over the others if I could only have one saw. The 7900 needs some port work. :D The ported 441C will walk all over it but thats to be expected from a ported saw -vs- stock.

I figure mine may have around 200-250 tanks through it now and it's as stout as ever. M-tronic has worked flawlessly.

Why the 3/4 wrap and set of dogs? Other than that, wow. Looks like a cutting machine.

That saw is the "R" aka West Coast package that includes.

* 3/4 Wrap
* HO oiler
*Stiffer AV Springs
*Dual West Coast Bucking spikes
*Bigger Clutch cover with longer chip deflector.

A majority of people on the east coast including myself are buying the wrap package saws for all of those goodies that the non wrap saws do not come with. The real big thing people like is that HO oiler, Stihl does not think that the east cost guys have trees that require over a 25 in bar lol. Plus it does look good.

Last edited:
None at all.

In fact, Stihl isn't going to get another dollar of my money unless they come out with another M-tronic saw.
give it about 6 months or so there bud, i am guessing most of the pro saws will be either full on EFI or M-tronic.:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back