Mastermind's ported MS441CM-R still tearing it up.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Nice. I'm still waiting to see one of these or a 460 run against a 461.

I did that but the video camera battery gave up that day........

440/460 hybrid of Brian's against Seth's 461. The 461 is stronger......but not by much.

We get twisted over a few tenths in a 20' piece of hardwood but we are the exception rather than the rule. most guys will never notice nor care about absolute cut speed....they will be noting the broader torque band that the 461 has. That saw just has grunt......lots of brute strength.

Young is running 28" .404 8pin on the 461 I built for him.........try that on a high strung cookie cutter.

how much trouble have you had with the m-tronic system on that stihl?????:cool2:

thats the point of the question

Exactly :rock:

Woke up this morning....wasn't exactly the "dusting" of snow I was hoping for :cry: Most of the state got about 24 inches....but I heard some parts got 30+ inches with 3-4' drifts. Yikes.
278222d1360434072-snow-2-jpg

View attachment 278222

I actually just moved 2 months ago and gave my new 10hp Toro snowblower to my father in law since I was planning on getting a lawn tractor with a snowblower on it. Anybody ever plow a driveway with a mini excavator? :D
278220d1360432679-snow-excavator-jpg

View attachment 278220

Last edited:
I've never seen 2ft of snow. The most we have ever got here since I can remember is about a foot. I can't imagine 2ft of snow. Have fun cleaning that driveway off. :D

give it about 6 months or so there bud, i am guessing most of the pro saws will be either full on EFI or M-tronic.:msp_biggrin:

I hope your right. When I got this saw back in 2011, I was so pleased, I knew when the 261 M-tronic saw came out I would buy one. 18 months later and Stihl is still dragging their damn feet.....

I'm a stihl fan....but it's hard to ignore the fact that Husqvarna has been very aggressive rolling out new auto-tune models and Stihl has not. 2012 was the year of the Husqvarna saws, hopefully we'll have something to look forward to this year!

-Greg

Been almost a year since I sent Randy my MS441 M-tronic. Although I have to admit I was a little nervous sending my new saw to a guy I never met and had never worked on an M-tronic saw, all turned out very well and I still very pleased with this saw.

Forecasters are predicting up to 24" of snow in my area today....so I was a little bored and figured I would make my first ever chainsaw cutting video.

Enjoy

[video=youtube_share;cEDWzv33_wk]http://youtu.be/cEDWzv33_wk[/video]

I see that I need to send you a new version of our decal.

this saw sounds pretty good ,doesnt bog out when lean on it ,i like that in a saw

I hope your right. When I got this saw back in 2011, I was so pleased, I knew when the 261 M-tronic saw came out I would buy one. 18 months later and Stihl is still dragging their damn feet.....

I'm a stihl fan....but it's hard to ignore the fact that Husqvarna has been very aggressive rolling out new auto-tune models and Stihl has not. 2012 was the year of the Husqvarna saws, hopefully we'll have something to look forward to this year!

-Greg
Rest assured when stihl releases it, it will be well tested, reliable, and very strong. i have 2 of my guys runnig 346's yet, and they really want 550's. i am hoping to hold them off til the 261 m-tronics come out, then there will be no reason to buy 550's. or at least wait until the bugs are worked out of the 550's any way.

Last edited:
Woke up this morning....wasn't exactly the "dusting" of snow I was hoping for :cry: Most of the state got about 24 inches....but I heard some parts got 30+ inches with 3-4' drifts. Yikes.
278222d1360434072-snow-2-jpg

View attachment 278222

I actually just moved 2 months ago and gave my new 10hp Toro snowblower to my father in law since I was planning on getting a lawn tractor with a snowblower on it. Anybody ever plow a driveway with a mini excavator? :D
278220d1360432679-snow-excavator-jpg

View attachment 278220
nice rig, i run a 305.5d with a mower and tree pruner on it. never thought of using it for the snow!!!

That's what I'm here for. :)

Whatever you do, don't go pick up the saws in person ...

He's got trained buzzards perched in the trees around his shop that are pretty effective at body disposal ... was too cold for the banjo players to be out and he has way too many saws around his shop to account for missing owners! :hmm3grin2orange:

He also told me that my saws revert back to normal OEM spec if I remove the stickers on them. :msp_sneaky:

Thank you for the hospitality and graciousness!

He's got trained buzzards perched in the trees around his shop that are pretty effective at body disposal ... was too cold for the banjo players to be out and he has way too many saws around his shop to account for missing owners! :hmm3grin2orange:

He also told me that my saws revert back to normal OEM spec if I remove the stickers on them. :msp_sneaky:

BTW, I now got two saws with identity crisis ...

A MS362 that thinks its a 441 and a MS441CM that thinks its a 461.

Can someone recommend a good therapist? (For the saws, not me ... I'm normal :alien2: )

You are welcome Joe. I really enjoyed chewing the fat with you. :msp_thumbup:

Back