mathematic formula for choosing a chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If by you you ment me, then YES. but it is not to be smart, is just that I only have one. a crappy one. and I saw with fear and I am extra careful.

If I had two saws, I indeed take it with me. maybe one breaks, maybe one oiler fails, maybe whatever.
in fact it happened once to me when bucking a large ash, the oiler failed me and I had to finish the job with another saw. very unpleasant. but I don`t know squad about fixing a saw if needed.
so... I hope you got the pound of flesh mate.
cheers.

Yah that's my point the tree in my logo there was taken down w/ a 357 My penis doesn't need enlargement. You can accomplish lot's with very little.

DangerTree
Yew bet small is good. The smallest saw you can sharpen and still do the work is way easier on the body. And yes these days the division in quality is not that big. Stihl - Husky not that different.

Common sense goes a long way :D

Telepatique, based on all your threads and question, best quality saw for you, would be a 346xp or a 357xp. And these two are likely more saw than you actually need. Just get one! :D

Wow... dude...

Just go buy a quality saw for pete's sake. You're waaaaaayyyyyyy overthinkin' the purchase of a decentsaw.

DangerTree guy is spot on with the pinched bar comments... I will never understand why cats think they need 2 saws in case one gets pinched. Just unbolt the powerhead from the pinched bar, and bolt up another bar and chain.

And yes... if you have 2 saws pinched in the same tree you're felling... it's time to look for a different line of work.

Gary

My penis doesn't need enlargement. You can accomplish lot's with very little.

LOL

Funny stuff.

346/357 ?
I agree.
but 346 isn`t kinda a lesser saw for bucking ? since I`m not a pro, the speed, although impressive....wouldn`t do me much good....
and a 365 is cheaper and more power.

what say you about 365?

I agree that 346 is the best ever. but for me?

I was thinking of getting a 372 XP for now, and next year a 346 XP and two years from now a 338 XP T
:bowdown:

those saws are all going to be gone soon . The replacement for the 338 is already anounced. The 372 already has been replaced with a strato version. 357 has been replaced. 346 will be next.

You can't go wrong with a 365 or 372. A 65-70cc for everything works very well

The 365 is a good all round saw, I don't have any experience with other 60cc saws so can't comment. But my 365 was the first proper saw I got, I used it for everything - limbing, felling, bucking, carving, coppicing, etc.... only ever used the one 20" bar on it. Lovely.

My advice would be buy one if it's the same price as the 346xp, and you don't mind a bit of extra weight. You will then have enough saw to deal with fairly large stuff, providing you don't expect it to perform like a 70+cc model. I'd reccomend a 20" bar, but I am 6'4" so I the extra length doesn't bother me at all, even when limbing.

If in the future you find yourself cutting every day, or doing more limbing than anything else, hopefully the 365 will make you enough money for a smaller 50cc saw.

hope this helps,

Joe

it really does.
i mean, I love the idea of 346 XP and I could get it from USA, where is 40% cheaper. but I will also be bucking (not a lot but more than limbing and everything else) more and I was not sure if 346 XP is the way to go fore one saw.
there is maybe the chance to make money with it but it happen very rarely.

my heart is with the 346 but my mind goes with 365.
nice to hear from an 365 user.
I was also thinking 372 but the is an extra 150$ and not sure that the extra power would mean a big difference to me.

thanks you guys.

Keep looking at the 359.

Sometimes the plane Jane girl next door, is the best bet in the long run, and will be a cheaper date overall.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

365 is the same weight as 372 and the same money as 359
choices
:bang:

Go to the dealer and fondle both of them.
Also ask if they will cut you a deal on either one.

Ya might oughtta consider a used saw as well.

LOL!!
No help at all..sorry man.

If you were family I'd tell ya to go get a 359 with a 20" and 24" bar and start saving for the next saw. From your description, you'll be dealing with the smaller stuff more often than wishing you had more saw.

Ya need to know where you're at, before you can figure out which way you need to go.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

359 here is 800$
in that case, I will bring an 346XP from US for 500$...and start saving for 372 XP
I think I`m getting closer....

No offense but you read yourself stupid on this forum go to the dealer and get a saw that YOU like!

These questions you ask are all opinions from us, you really not getting anywhere until YOU find the saw that fits YOU!

Just go get an MS362 and enjoy the sweet, sweet creamsickle goodness. :D

Reading is nice, but all the reading available here won't tell you how a saw feels to you when you're working it. Worst case scenerio with the saws you've mentioned, you'll buy a saw that performs really well and you may want another. You won't get a disappointing saw.

Let it be a human experience, not an academic one.

Latest posts

Back