Maul edge toughness CT 8lb vs Isocore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmateurSawer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know an X27 has a brittle edge and must have a stump or block under the round for splitting.Does that apply to the Isocore Maul.I'm deciding between it and a Council tool 8lb.Thank you for your replies.

I have used my Isocore a small amount and it does not appear to be as brittle as the X-27. Regardless of brand, any tool will suffer if used directly on the ground. I prefer to sharpen my tools more often rather than taking the time to set every round on a splitting block.

From everything I have seen on here, and my limited use of Council Tools, the Isocore is the superior tool.

(CTYank ought to be along shortly to give you an infomercial on the Council maul, and since he has me on ignore he will not see this.) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

but if someone were feeling wicked ....they might quote you svk ;)
It still won't show. Only the retort after the quote will lol. I'm a reformed moderator and know all of that useless stuff lol.

I will say the handle quality of the new Council tools has been significantly better than the junk they were putting out a few years ago.

Back