McCulloch and Homelite Back In The Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeave96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Back in my teen days during the late 70's, in my neck of the woods, the two dominate saws were McCulloch and Homelite!

My Dad bought a Homelite Super XL, an Uncle had a McCulloch 610 (that may have been later in the early 80's - I can't remember) and a buddy of mine, his Dad had a McCulloch 10-10.

Though we would debate the merits of Homelite and McCulloch, when my Uncle gave me the McCulloch - later in life, I was hooked on McCulloch.

My question is - what happened to Homelite and McCulloch? These brands were EVERYWHERE!!!!!! How did both brands allow Huskavarna and Stihl to displace them to the point they really no longer exist?

I miss the growel of the McCulloch and Homelites from the old days.

Thanks,
Bill

Old saws are a blast, but

They just did not keep up with the times. Corporate raiders, poor quality, and they just faded away. I miss their sound also. But, I got 3 running 10-10's to keep me company.

thats back when MEN ran saws, and not your average homeowner. i remember um, had 2 of the super xl's, and several of the ol yellow saws. back then they were built to last. and you still see many of them today. but they were ssssllloooow.........

Back