McCulloch Mac 110 leaks bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjh1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've got a McCulloch Mac110 , it runs great BUT after I shut it off it leaks bar oil out . Not all of it just some a spot the size of a softball . I have pulled the front cover of a lot to try and see where the leak is from but ? ? ? ? Have also checked to make sure the funny rubber T is seated well . . . anybody have any run ins with this sort of thing ? Thanks

I had a little 110 that did the same thing. Had it apart so many times it wasn't funny. Just got tired of messing with it finally. But thinking about it now, the oil line hose that fit the tank looked to me like it just pressed up against the tank, or was it supposed to pop into the tank? Might be the problem? Greater minds than mine need to way in on this.

I had a little 110 that did the same thing. Had it apart so many times it wasn't funny. Just got tired of messing with it finally. But thinking about it now, the oil line hose that fit the tank looked to me like it just pressed up against the tank, or was it supposed to pop into the tank? Might be the problem? Greater minds than mine need to way in on this.

From what I have observed on mine, yes.

Check the T fitting, it just sort of snugs in to place with nothing holding it in. Also check your O ring between the tank and pump. Check your tank very carefully for cracks. Also, make sure oil flows freely to the bar with both the manual and auto oilers. If its getting blocked somewhere its going to squirt out, probably where the T fitting connects. Does your auto oiler work well? If not then the diaphragm and seals are likely bad. If you take the pump off the engine and there is a bunch of oil in the area where the impulse hole meets the diaphragm then this is likely the problem.

Back