McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'm just lucky or I got a one in a million but my little Mac is running like a champ again after a carb rebuild and new/used clutch assembly. Used it last night to cut some 2X10's when I couldn't find my circular saw. It started on the second pull, ripped right through the boards, and jitterbugged on the concrete floor while idling. Yes, this thing has no power and is loud but when I just need to cut some small stuff for a few minutes theres nothing better. I suspect thats what McCulloch had in mind when they created it and why these things were so popular with homeowners.

If anyone feels the need to obliterate their Mini Mac gimme a holler, I'll be happy to take it off your hands and pay the shipping.

If anyone feels the need to obliterate their Mini Mac gimme a holler, I'll be happy to take it off your hands and pay the shipping.

they're not worth the time and effort to take the time to package them and drive to the post office to stand in line and pay to send them off. no matter what the other person is offering. better off waiting until it's scrap metal day and bring them in to those guys so you at least get some beer money. weather it's smashed to bits or a complete unit, you get the same for them.
and yes, once in a while you do get one that runs well. but they are few and far between. heck, chances are the only ones running well are all owned by people here. which is still few in the grand scheme of them.

The offer is still open just the same. You can print shipping labels online cheaper than at the post office, btw.

The offer is still open just the same. You can print shipping labels online cheaper than at the post office, btw.
If he wants the saw and will pay for shipping that's fair. :dunno: Granted I hated mine enough to tape 4 seal bombs to it light the fuse and run. :bomb: If the guy has one in a billion that runs good then I see nothing wrong with him having a virtually mammoth pile of part saws. :laugh:

Don't get me wrong fellas. This one here runs great and has from the get go.

attachment.php

The ten inch bar gives it good balance. Too bad the pole saw bar wasn't up to the chain speed.

OTOH the Powerless Mac 310 is entirely a different rendition.

Mini Mac parts

I have a complete (in pieces) Mac 110 with decent 10" bar, chain, and one new chain.

Don't really want to scrap it, so if anyone has a need and wants the whole thing please send me a PM and I'll ship it off to you for freight cost.

Should be able to get 16.5 hp at 25,000 rpm on methanol/nitromethane in a mini mac 110 if used with the port timing of a stock 82cc Mac engine. Also need the exhaust port to be half round ends, 22mm x 10mm.

All I know is I ain't gonna hold that thing in my hands... it'll go kablooey!

Don't get me wrong fellas. This one here runs great and has from the get go.

attachment.php

The ten inch bar gives it good balance. Too bad the pole saw bar wasn't up to the chain speed.

OTOH the Powerless Mac 310 is entirely a different rendition.

Discovered yesterday my 'never needed repair or anything' EB 2.0 has a fuel line leak.:msp_w00t:

I am not thrilled at the prospect of a complete tare down to fix it. I should be putting my PP 655 back together.:mad:

I like this thread...

At least I know if I destroy a mini mac, I won't be the only one that did so...

Only take 5 minutes Carl, watch Saw King video on YouTube for pointers, or the Duke's video somewhere here on AS, the Duke it a bit more entertaining...

Mark

Quote from Barbara:

Send it up to Mark. He won't throw it on the driveway.

:ices_rofl:

Thanks bud.

We be searching Youtube for the video.

Last edited:
Watched 'the chainsaw guy' video. Fuel line replacement complete.

Re-used the coil spring inside the fuel line. The one good thing I found.

Lord only knows where the plug wire ends up when your shake and rattle the engine back in the case. Or, if you pull the fuel line off the carb. nipple. No way to see where they end up.:msp_rolleyes:

I really, really hate this thing with the 16" bar. Ergonomic disaster. Would be so much better with a 12.

Got it up on Craigslist for the next owner (victim).:clap:

tricky50

I have a Mac 110 without spark. What is the most common problem for no spark?
It was never apart so how do you check for proper timeing?
They are a challenge to dismantle but fun!

Tricky

I need the idle screw with the plastic fast idle piece on it. Anybody have an extra?

Latest posts

Back