Mcculloch SP125 bar needed!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
hey all, im in great need of a bar for one of my SP125's. i have 3 complete 125s and parts to get another 3 built, with some NOS pistons and connecting rods, handles etc.. but i dont have any bars! also really need tuneup kits!
anybody have at least 1 set of points/consenser? and all need carb kits..
i would be willing to trade a complete SP125 for a long bar and tuneup parts for one saw.. (note that the 125 offered for trade also needs tuneup/carb kit/bar like all the ones i have) im after a 32" or larger bar.. up to 50" or so.
have a maple tree to cut thats 4.5ft across! my husky 181 is too tired to handle that big a bar.

Al Smith said:
You can't be serious!

i didnt pay a thing for the old macs, a retired logger thats now in his 70's gave me these saws and parts.. he wanetd to clear the "useless crap" out of his barn and brought me a few boxes of macs, for payment i decided to get the first one running and put the only bar i had on it and gave it to that loggers grandson. i never could find points so the saws have just been sitting in my barn for 3 years now forgotten. i love getting deals.. the only saws i have now for my cutting jobs is a husky 181 i got for $25 (just needed rings and a handle bar) and my newest addition.. a VERY low hour stihl 041AV super that just needed a carb kit, starter rope and extensive degreasing.. that one was $10.. have an 031 (i think thats what it is) that was free (bad shape) i can make about any small engine run again.. years back a friend gave me 2 blown up 084s, about 5 hours work i had one running with awesome compression.. only thing i bought new was a carb kit.

i thrive on the low budget big saw :)

I can get you the 34" bar plus a loop of Carlton full chisel cull comp chain. I seek an SP125 for a big saw to play with. look at the Pm I sent you, I might be able to help. if you dont want to trade, I'll accept payment by money order too.

Last edited:
Back