mcculloch timberbear identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyFazy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys newbie here with a problem. I bought a timberbear from someone and have no idea what model it is. Is there some identification on the saw itself? I did some searches and cannot find hardly anything about this timberbear. The problem i am having is the pullstart not returning all the way in. Do i need to purchase a whole new one or can i just replace the spring? The saw runs like a raped ape...lol...so i would like to keep it but everytime i start it the rope ends up getting tangled around the inside which it turn means i have to take the cover off to fix it. This is getting really annoying so i would appreciate any help you can provide me with. There is one on e-bay i was going to bid on (the entire cover) but without knowing the model i will wait. Thanks again. :)

All 610 / 650 / timberbear and Eager Beaver 3.7 are the same except for engine size, the problem your having with the rewind sounds like it has the early plastic rewind hub or pulley these would distort and allow the rope to double up later pulleys were made of metal or and a better type of plastic.

I see complete starter assy's are cheap and on Ebay so you may as well just grab a newie.

Mc Bob.

It has the metal pulley but its almost as if the spring does not have enough tension to pull the line in.

how do i retension the spring? Is this where you try to turn the pulley by hand to give the spring more tension? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back