Messy Woodpile / Bad Neighbor II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know, I'm glad I read this thread... it just reinstates the thought that I am glad I have VERY few neighbors... we all burn wood, and we all get along including helping each other do things like cut/split/stack our wood, plus we all get together twice a year to clean up our properties to get rid of any 'accumulation' over the winter/summer.

Squirrel, your in the country now. This is what happens in the country. If you bought into a private golf community your view would be much nicer. But you didnt buy into a fancy upscale golf community you bought in the country, you didnt fork over the cash required to buy into an upscale community.. You are the bad neihbor. You need to loosen up and be friendly. Or move if you cant deal with it. Your neighbor has no obligation to provide you with a scenic view. Make nice and understand the country way of life. Classic case of someone that appreciates wine and caviar yet is so cheap they buy into a beer and sausage neighborhood. Shame on you, repent your sins and help your neighbor split firewood. Maybe he ll share some venison and beer. He might even plow your driveway with his tractor.

Last edited:
Squirrel, your in the country now. This is what happens in the country. If you bought into a private golf community your view would be much nicer. But you didnt buy into a fancy upscale golf community you bought in the country, you didnt fork over the cash required to buy into an upscale community.. You are the bad neihbor. You need to loosen up and be friendly. Or move if you cant deal with it. Your neighbor has no obligation to provide you with a scenic view. Make nice and understand the country way of life. Classic case of someone that appreciates wine and caviar yet is so cheap they buy into a beer and sausage neighborhood. Shame on you, repent your sins and help your neighbor split firewood. Maybe he ll share some venison and beer. He might even plow your driveway with his tractor.

Please, that dude's a raggie, plain and simple.

He aint never gonna do anything with all that junk...anymore than that boat's gonna set sail again someday...or maybe that truck all restored and delivering lovely seasoned firewood (instead of that rotten crap threatening to spill onto squirrel's's property). lol.

I'm all for mind yer own business and all, but lets keep it real here.

I see five options here:

Option one: It is clear that this guy is going to do nothing about the situation and continuing to stew over it is not productive. You had mentioned that your property value has dropped over 100K because of the dump next door. If that is truly the case, then consider pricing out what it would cost to clean the mess up. Figure four 40-yard containers at 750 each, a bobcat with grapple bucket and excavator with a thumb should be sufficient to tame that mess. A local company charges 1K per day for equipment rental which includes an operator. Throw in a few day laborers, perhaps a grand worth. So, my guess is 3000 for the dumpsters, 4000 for equpment rental and a grand for the laborers, 8000 to make this go away. You are now down 8 grand instead of 100.

Option two, the great American lawsuit. That is a nuclear option that will cause serious, irreversible problems with this guy.

Option Three, the fence.

Option 4, learn to live with it

Option 5, move

I see five options here:

Option one: It is clear that this guy is going to do nothing about the situation and continuing to stew over it is not productive. You had mentioned that your property value has dropped over 100K because of the dump next door. If that is truly the case, then consider pricing out what it would cost to clean the mess up. Figure four 40-yard containers at 750 each, a bobcat with grapple bucket and excavator with a thumb should be sufficient to tame that mess. A local company charges 1K per day for equipment rental which includes an operator. Throw in a few day laborers, perhaps a grand worth. So, my guess is 3000 for the dumpsters, 4000 for equpment rental and a grand for the laborers, 8000 to make this go away. You are now down 8 grand instead of 100.

Option two, the great American lawsuit. That is a nuclear option that will cause serious, irreversible problems with this guy.

Option Three, the fence.

Option 5, move

Don't sue him, Id hit you myself.

I see five options here:

Option Three, the fence.

Option 5, move
wt:censored: its long island you do like it good by tom trees

Latest posts

Back