Meteor Cylinder Quality

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you use one of these cylinders on a saw you're paying $250 to have ported?

• Total voters
my Mum has a pampered chef one. You gotta cook a bunch of oily stuff on it and then it really starts working good. They get seasoned like cast iron.

I worked in a pizza place decades ago. First 'real' job. The best pizza was at the end of the night and we would clean out the tray at the edge of the counter where all the extra bits of ingredients fall off. Load up that dogs breakfast of everything onto a pie and cook it up.

Our stone is a pampered chef stone. We have made homemade dough before but it hasn't turned out very well. I don't have my grandfathers touch when it comes to bread :(

I wanted that smokey, brick oven flavor, so I put my stone and pizza on my webber. Bad idea. Split the stone into 3 pieces. There is a pizza stone on Amazon that will handle charcoal grill heat, but I don't remember the name of it.

to do it perfect I think ya need more heat than a home oven. I do remember the restaurant pizza oven was set to 750F. So a hot BBQ might be the ticket if there is a stone that can take it

I wanted that smokey, brick oven flavor, so I put my stone and pizza on my webber. Bad idea. Split the stone into 3 pieces. There is a pizza stone on Amazon that will handle charcoal grill heat, but I don't remember the name of it.

I would think a regular sheet would be better in a grill? Definitely definitely don't use the cardboard sheet a frozen pie comes on!!! Don't ask..... Lol

DSC_0035.JPG

I love me some Indian food.

WatsonR, you're right. I do owe you an appology. I already did that with Mastermind and have been thinking all day that I should probably do this publicly. While I stand by my opinion of the quality, the way I went about this was in very poor taste. I have given both of you guys every reason to be upset with me. For that, I am sorry. To be honest, I'm embarrassed as well. I thought I had learned this lesson, but obviously not. I let my passion and strong opinion get in the way of my better judgement. Moving forward, I will do my best to temper my opinions with better judgement.

Best pic I can do for now, to prove I was actually there.

we believe ya Will,,, I spent two full days @ Madsens,,, and a pile of money when I was up that way to attend the logging show in Sequim,,,, I love that place!!!

Hey I thought this was a chainsaw thread??? why they talkin bout Pizza and stuff??????????

Last edited:
WatsonR, you're right. I do owe you an appology. I already did that with Mastermind and have been thinking all day that I should probably do this publicly. While I stand by my opinion of the quality, the way I went about this was in very poor taste. I have given both of you guys every reason to be upset with me. For that, I am sorry. To be honest, I'm embarrassed as well. I thought I had learned this lesson, but obviously not. I let my passion and strong opinion get in the way of my better judgement. Moving forward, I will do my best to temper my opinions with better judgement.

We have the Pampered Chef stone, it takes a few hours to cool down after you use it it stays hot forever.

Consistent dense material, good stuff. I don't like all the PC stuff but I do like the knives and stones fo sho!

Oh Cr@p I get it,,, Brad stepped on his crank again,,,, Ouch that's gonna leave a mark!!!:laugh::D:laugh:

Last edited:
We have the PC stone and enjoy it but most my pizza is cooked in bar style pizza oven. Single pizza oven with coil top and bottom.

Latest posts

Back