Meteor vs Mahle 046 Topend Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one would like to see the compression on the Meteor top end AFTER it is well broken in. I think it would be around 190 then and perform better than stock.......

I would agree that the saw wasn't broke in also. Wonder what it would have done myself. I think Wiggs is going to give it to a logger and really test it.

Something else to consider is that Brad's father's 046 is an early D shaped combustion chamber model and those are well known for being strong runners. Brad said it's the strongest stock 046 he's seen.

LEFTY.gif

What that about?

:laugh:

I swear, next time I go cutting with my buddies, I'm gonna take the chain off the Quake and start sawing on a log like that.

Wonder what they'd think? :msp_w00t:

That is an SS modded saw, It smokes profusley and you have to beat it on the log to do any damage. Guess i used the wrong cylinder.

You did two things wrong.

1. Soaking it in Lake Urine is no help.

b. Having that little baby bed wetting cat Vandelay run around in there with sandpaper glued to his paws ain't real scientific. Good of you to try, though.

Trust me, I was quite nervous about it. He and I would both be sick if anything happened to that saw!

As would many of us, including watsonr and even some of us off-topicers, believe it or not. Thanks for your time and effort, not only here, but in other places as well.

Hope your next project goes as well as this one.

I'll drink to that!!!!

so who is going to put one of those meteor cylinders to work on an every day cutting job to see how long it lasts. im satified that they perform well enough so now lets see them worked like a rented mule. i think that if they will make it a year in real daily use then we have a winner.

No wait I have to study for a Pizz test for tomorrow!!!

Something else to consider is that Brad's father's 046 is an early D shaped combustion chamber model and those are well known for being strong runners. Brad said it's the strongest stock 046 he's seen.

Yeah I would agree on the early 046's,,, I have one left and it is bone stock with just the factory dualport muffler and it is the stoutest stock 046 Ive ever run bar none...

Latest posts

Back