Meteor vs Mahle 046 Topend Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so who is going to put one of those meteor cylinders to work on an every day cutting job to see how long it lasts. im satified that they perform well enough so now lets see them worked like a rented mule. i think that if they will make it a year in real daily use then we have a winner.

so who is going to put one of those meteor cylinders to work on an every day cutting job to see how long it lasts. im satified that they perform well enough so now lets see them worked like a rented mule. i think that if they will make it a year in real daily use then we have a winner.

You sound like the prime candidate to me.......... :D:D

That's exactly what I recommended to WatsonR.

If the average Joe is worried about the reverse squish, he can slap a piece of sticky back sandpaper on an old piston of the same MM bore and level it out if it's just a fuzz. I've done a few with my ''redneck'' machining skills. I chuck an I bolt in a drill, put an OLD piston on the end with the wrist pin slid through the eye in the I bolt. Stick a piece of 80-120-220 whatever grit sandpaper on the crown and spin it slowly till the reverse taper is gone. No It's probably not the correct way to do it, But it works fine for a hillbilly that's short on tools. It doesnt scratch the bore up either. Done several like this and they turned out good, but I wouldn't try removing much....I'd say less than .005 in my worthless opinion would be max I would go.

That's what I had to do to the last gen of 066BB prototype I had a couple years ago. They have now fixed it.

Does anyone know if these kits have been improved on in the last year? Were the early ones the same as ones available today ?

I think someone should use a 372 cylinder on a concrete saw and let us know how they hold up.

Later
Dan

I have to say I'm not one to stir the pot. I'm just pleased there are people like Brad willing to spend the time. money and effort to prove , or disprove, a saws / parts performance. I thank you.

Can't believe brad risked his daddies saw for the comparo.

It is a really nice one.

I for one would like to see the compression on the Meteor top end AFTER it is well broken in. I think it would be around 190 then and perform better than stock.......

I would agree that the saw wasn't broke in also. Wonder what it would have done myself. I think Wiggs is going to give it to a logger and really test it.

Latest posts

Back