Mid-Life Crisis Thread......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, it's big bore but not a crazy magnum. Doesn't kick as much as the 30-30 levergun I sold off. Those dang 30-30s kick much more than they should considering their ballistics.

Ian

My wife still has her 30-30 from 30 years ago... She used to hunt deer with it... I prefered my 270... didn't have to aim it like her mortar...

Nope, it's big bore but not a crazy magnum. Doesn't kick as much as the 30-30 levergun I sold off. Those dang 30-30s kick much more than they should considering their ballistics.

Ian

Try a handloaded (max) 45/70 Gov't lever gun-you better know were to place your fingers around the lever before you pull the trigger.

Last edited:
My wife still has her 30-30 from 30 years ago... She used to hunt deer with it... I prefered my 270... didn't have to aim it like her mortar...

At the ranges I hunt, no need. I stay away from the bean fields cause I'm just not a good enough shot. When I do hunt it's in the woods.. 75-100yds is a long shot. Any longer and I just let'em walk.

Try a handloaded (max) 45/70 Gov't level gun-you better know were to place your fingers around the lever before you pull the trigger.

I know what you mean. I had a 6lb handi-rifle in 45-70 that I loaded up some level 3 stuff in. Ouch! I also had an H&R Buffalo classic pushed out to 45-90. Smokeless loads in that thing hurt too but not as bad as the little 6lb rifle because the BC had a 32" barrel and a little more heft.

Ian

Last edited:
Im 46 and Still younger than Troll,Lake,Thall,and Oldsaw.....:D :D

I almost had another mid-life-crisis today.........Found a few more ............a saws..................Hmmmmmm................Trying to figure out if I need more..................:dizzy: :dizzy:

Try a handloaded (max) 45/70 Gov't lever gun-you better know were to place your fingers around the lever before you pull the trigger.

45/70 + Hornady leverevolution = not having to get a new 4 wheeler seat when the bear visits at night!

My neighbor bought a Harley, crashed it, can hardly walk, and is maimed for life. He can't even pick up a chainsaw and run it, can no longer walk behind his lawnmower, is five years younger than I am, and now looks ten years older.

Fish, you are in good shape.
Hmm I wrecked my bike 2 weeks ago tonight. Feel very bad for not being able to do much for the farm. Very depressing since i'm used to being up and going all day long usually 7 days a week. I keep telling myself i'll soon be better but when the doc said at least 6 weeks......ouch! By the way, i now have a 550 Kaw for sale!

Hmm I wrecked my bike 2 weeks ago tonight. Feel very bad for not being able to do much for the farm. Very depressing since i'm used to being up and going all day long usually 7 days a week. I keep telling myself i'll soon be better but when the doc said at least 6 weeks......ouch! By the way, i now have a 550 Kaw for sale!

Bummer!! What happened?

Wow, I'll take the 18 yr. old woman........... And get back to you guys.........

Who is depressed????I am just a tad harney.....................hourney........

Rebecca de Haourney............. She is an old woman by now, but
who is counting?

Lake, you complete me................

Suspecting that this is the REAL root of the problem, I'm going to share a bit of philosophy, that some of you younger guys especially should take a close look at. (This may not be all that helpful to you married guys) This is a venture out onto some thin ice here, but there is an undeniable logic, if not a painful inevitability to this theory.

I call it the "Babe Acceptability/Accessability Curve" Picture a graph. On the left is the age, as well as attracitveness of women. Along the bottom is your age, as well as your ability to hook up with the women on the left. The male ego is the independent variable that almost always ensures that, as the Rolling Stones say, "You can't get no, da da da, Satisfaction, da da da ". The result is that we usually want something that's a bit out of our reach, if not just plain out of our league. We sit around with each other, have a few beers, and pass judgement on the women passing by. If they ain't good enough to be on the Stihl calender, we give 'em thumbs down. "I wouldn't do that" "Her butt's kind of big" "She ain't that hot" "She's too old" "She's a ditz" "She's a ****"

So, we just have another beer and look at all of the class A stuff that we can't get while passing up the class B stuff that we think is beneath us. But then after enough time goes by, you realize that the kind of "opportunities" you passed up 10 years ago are out of reach today. How many of those opportunities that you blew off years ago would you love to have a shot at today?

Gentlemen, the solution is simple. All you need to do is reel in the ego and lower the standards so the graph balances out. Now, I don't mean abandon the standards altogether, just drop them down a bit.

Say anything that walks and has breasts, but doesn't weigh more than you is fair game? Well OK, maybe not THAT low, but you get the picture. Instead of asking "Who's going to find out?", why not ask, "Who cares?"

Say anything that walks and has breasts, but doesn't weigh more than you is fair game? "

Works for me.... but let's call them for what they are (in our dreams,...) DBMT (Teacherman talk). - "Double breasted mattress thrashers".... ;)

Second thoughts...you're right - that's too low... maybe weigh 60% of me...) :greenchainsaw

Last edited:
Actually, my whole original post is not really appropriate, so let's just call
it, no harm, no foul.

Just feeling a little oldish last night, not really depressed, no need really for the Barney comment, so I was out of line as well.

So let us just let things go, eh? They don't make rope that strong anymore, anyway. I am taking on a little extra ballast here lately. This e-bay gig
has cut down my physical side a bunch.

I didn't mean any harm Mr. Fish. Though you were basically kidding. Sorry you are feeling down. Something will come around to change things.

Ya, and I know nobody meant no harm and all, I overreacted a bit.

Tell me this. If two yoopers get divorced, are they still... oh never mind. :greenchainsaw:

Midwife crisis can be less than fun, no joke. But I signed up for teh single pitch instructor course yesterday, its in three weeks in Arkansas. I'll be hangin out with and be taught by kids less than half my age.......... BFD I will have fun, period, even if I stove up and so forth. So there.:clap: :greenchainsaw:

Oh, .307 Winchester for me.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Ya, and I know nobody meant no harm and all, I overreacted a bit.

Tell me this. If two yoopers get divorced, are they still... oh never mind. :greenchainsaw:

Midwife crisis can be less than fun, no joke. But I signed up for teh single pitch instructor course yesterday, its in three weeks in Arkansas. I'll be hangin out with and be taught by kids less than half my age.......... BFD I will have fun, period, even if I stove up and so forth. So there.:clap: :greenchainsaw:
At my age I've been through several midlife crisis'. I absolutely refuse to grow up or get old.

I have noticed that anymore, when ever i see a weight loss ad, and they have the before and after pics, the before pics are starting to look pretty
good...................................

Lake, are you talking about moped girls? Fun to ride but don't let your buddies see you on one?

Ian

Latest posts

Back