Mid Virginia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies! I'm still without my computer. Took it to the shop today. I have been cutting-up the wood that was left and hauling it for next season's firewood. That has taken the better part of yesterday and today. 2 more wagons should do it. Saving to cookies for last (desert)....:rock: Today is the second day of the one-man gtg..LOL

I sure hope you didn't have any saws on Ebay when the PC went kaput. A major bummer that would be.
See, I told you we'd have enough wood. These people would much rather stand around and invent stories about saws than work with 'em. Me included obviously.
By the way, many thanks for your and Melva's efforts to get this GTG done!
Dean:cheers:

I sure hope you didn't have any saws on Ebay when the PC went kaput. A major bummer that would be.
See, I told you we'd have enough wood. These people would much rather stand around and invent stories about saws than work with 'em. Me included obviously.
By the way, many thanks for your and Melva's efforts to get this GTG done!
Dean:cheers:
Thank you for all your help!! Thanks, too for getting my 211 running! That was alot of fun to run. I need to put a "training wheel" on the front of it and use it some
more...:laugh:. And yes...the computer went out while I had some items on fee-bay, but I was able to use someone else's(10 miles away). The problem was in the computer itself, and I just got it back today. It is FAST now!!

Thanks again Rick for everything. I tore that 81 down that you passed on to me. The reason it was locked up was that water had gotten in the crankcase and caused the bearings to rust tight. I was able to save the cylinder, but the crank and rod were toast. Should have the engine running soon though as soon as I get a few parts together.

Thanks again Rick for everything. I tore that 81 down that you passed on to me. The reason it was locked up was that water had gotten in the crankcase and caused the bearings to rust tight. I was able to save the cylinder, but the crank and rod were toast. Should have the engine running soon though as soon as I get a few parts together.
Thanks for getting the carb. straight and the chain razor-sharp on the SXL, too! Let me know what kind of Macs you are looking for and I'll be on the look-out for them. That SP 60 with the air leak is probably one that will not hang around here very long.....Rick

Thanks for getting the carb. straight and the chain razor-sharp on the SXL, too! Let me know what kind of Macs you are looking for and I'll be on the look-out for them. That SP 60 with the air leak is probably one that will not hang around here very long.....Rick

Your welcome. I'm always looking for the big displacement 10 series saws, like 5-10, 6-10, 7-10, SP70, SP80,81, PM850, and PM 800. I also am interested in any of the larger scaled mac saws 87cc and higher, both direct and geardrive.

Your welcome. I'm always looking for the big displacement 10 series saws, like 5-10, 6-10, 7-10, SP70, SP80,81, PM850, and PM 800. I also am interested in any of the larger scaled mac saws 87cc and higher, both direct and geardrive.

I had a 7-10 in that black plastic cart(at the gtg) that runs well, but floods too easy and will leak fuel out the muffler. I never have "bonded" with that one and if you want to check it out, I'll hang onto it for you. Carb was "gone through" twice in the last year or so, with same results. I'll bet you can fix it, and you will have a nice saw.

I had a 7-10 in that black plastic cart(at the gtg) that runs well, but floods too easy and will leak fuel out the muffler. I never have "bonded" with that one and if you want to check it out, I'll hang onto it for you. Carb was "gone through" twice in the last year or so, with same results. I'll bet you can fix it, and you will have a nice saw.

Sounds great. Bring it to the Heritage Festival in May and I'll try to fix it there.

Finally downloaded the few pictures that I took of the GTG last weekend.

A picture of some of the saws with Stinkbait in the background.

GTGTrailer015.jpg

A picture of our host, GoRving.

GTGTrailer012.jpg

Some of my saws.

GTGTrailer013.jpg

Some of David Harsh's saws.

GTGTrailer016.jpg

Last edited:
Hope no one from down that way got blown away this evening. Heard there was a low power tornado around Virgilina in Halifax.
I heard that, too. We had warnings here and all around, but I think they actually had a tornado or 2 down that way.

I PMed Stinkbait and he said it came within about a mile of his house but he had no damage. I was thinking Virgilina was closer to you but it looks to be about half way between us.

Virgilina is kinda in the SE corner of Halifax Co. Stinkbait and his inlaws live only a few miles from the downtown area and they experienced a bad tornado just last fall......................much chainsaw exercise for a while.
I think one came through the Alton community as well yesterday.
We won't know the full damage done to our neighbors until the local paper issues to morrow.
Igpoe:cheers:

Latest posts

Back