Mid Virginia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, is everybody ready?
All I have left is to decide which ones to bring.
Igpoe:cheers:

You kidding???? It is 9pm on the night before I am just getting ready to tear the Husqvarna 51 apart to install the closed port top end. Just got back from a trip around the local dealers to pick up a few parts. I still have not even tried to fire the 042 yet and the 372 is coming but will not be ran because of a air leak, might bring my tools and see if I can get it sealed up while I am there.

You kidding???? It is 9pm on the night before I am just getting ready to tear the Husqvarna 51 apart to install the closed port top end. Just got back from a trip around the local dealers to pick up a few parts. I still have not even tried to fire the 042 yet and the 372 is coming but will not be ran because of a air leak, might bring my tools and see if I can get it sealed up while I am there.

I got a seal puller and pressure test pump & gauge if you want me to bring it.

I got a seal puller and pressure test pump & gauge if you want me to bring it.

I know where the leak is at, just do not want to except the fact. The new o-ring I installed today must have rolled and split when I pushed the bushing into place. I was planning to get several o-rings but the dealer only had one in stock. Who ever designed the 372 should be shot for the way the pto side crank seal works.

I know where the leak is at, just do not want to except the fact. The new o-ring I installed today must have rolled and split when I pushed the bushing into place. I was planning to get several o-rings but the dealer only had one in stock. Who ever designed the 372 should be shot for the way the pto side crank seal works.

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having, Johnnie, but you will have a good time. There's a big Husky Dealer in Farmville(Taylor-Forbes equip). I "guess" they still sell Huskys, if you need any parts.

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having, Johnnie, but you will have a good time. There's a big Husky Dealer in Farmville(Taylor-Forbes equip). I "guess" they still sell Huskys, if you need any parts.

Yeah, I'll let you run my 272xp since your having problems with your 372xp.

Had to make a double decker trailer....

Been working since late this afternoon to expand the capacity of my trailer. This is what I started with:

GTGTrailer001.jpg

I decided to add some 2 foot sides to it:

GTGTrailer002.jpg

I then added a upper deck that slides in:

GTGTrailer006.jpg

Loaded up the floor of the trailer:

GTGTrailer007.jpg

Installed and loaded the second deck:

GTGTrailer008.jpg

Added some more to the back and I am ready to go:

GTGTrailer010.jpg

Be sure to bring your piggy bank!

Last edited:

Oh yeah, I know I will have fun. The 372 is just one of many that will be coming anyway. I have the Stihl 042/048 ready to roll, so that will cure that 70cc saw itch, and the closed port Husky 51 that I am doing right this minute, should finish it up in less than a hour. I may still get the 372 ready, I just want to make sure it is 100% before I fire it because of all the work I have put into that one. I almost don't want to run it anyway because it is so pretty now.

Yeah, I'll let you run my 272xp since your having problems with your 372xp.

The reason I jumped on this 372xp was because of the 272xp I sold a couple years ago, times got tight and I had to let it go. The 272xp was also one that I completely rebuilt from a pile of parts, it was actually the first one I ever built.

My junk is loaded up and ready. I plan on getting there around 8-9, but i can't stay too long. I will probably have to leave around 2-3. I am bringing a few I hope to sell to help with bills, as i am unemployed as of last thursday.

See all of you there!!!!

Here is the only video I managed to shoot, my memory card was running low. David Harsh with his Husqvarna 2100 hot saw.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XR-sLcENcQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Just one video? I was hoping more would have been posted. How did everyone fare with their CAD? Hope to see more in the days to follow.

Just one video? I was hoping more would have been posted. How did everyone fare with their CAD? Hope to see more in the days to follow.

Oh no... I still have plenty of pictures to post but my computer isn't getting along with Photobucket right this minute, I can only upload them 2-3 at a time. There were other cameras and video recorders running, hopefully there will be plenty to look at here shortly. I was told that a couple of saws changed hands, but I only witnessed two myself. I did not get my butt out of bed and I did not even get there until around 2pm, so a lot went down before I showed.

Back