Mid Virginia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I betcha Mr. PioneerFan loves a Mac 35

I can't figure the dang thing out. The engine will start popping like it wants to go but it floods out, I am talking about gas running out of the muffler kind of flooding. When the rain clears I am going to tinker with it a little more but I am about tired of messing with it now.

I sure hope the rain goes away for the next week or so...We've had a monsoon(still having it).
I hear that! I can't stand trying to feed in this mud. Ruts everywhere. You can't help but destroy the ground.
I can't figure the dang thing out. The engine will start popping like it wants to go but it floods out, I am talking about gas running out of the muffler kind of flooding. When the rain clears I am going to tinker with it a little more but I am about tired of messing with it now.

Lol, I doubt this is your problem, but I had the same thing happening to a saw of mine. Turned out that I had a peice of balled up paper towel in the carb while I was cleaning it and had left it in there. :)

Just about every old Mac I have does that. I don't have a Mac here that doesn't "pee" out the muffler. Mine flood way too easily, but if you get one running you have to run it good without cutting it off before the fuel tank empties....:hmm3grin2orange: I am not partial to Macs, but that's just me. Some folks love them. I would like to have a "Mac toss" at the gtg, and offer mine for the "slingers"......:hmm3grin2orange:

flood

Check with the Mac thread, but I believe that little arm above the air filter "throws" left and right to lean-out or richen. But then, You may already know that and that's not the problem.
Igpoe:cheers:

Rick,

I am trying to get everything lined up for next Saturday. Do you need any tables? I have three of the 6' plastic banquet tables I can bring along with a couple of folding chairs.

Also, I am bringing a big load of saws to sell/swap.

Gary

I betcha Mr. PioneerFan loves a Mac 35

HAHA, Dean I had one given to me, It sits under the bench, awaiting it's turn.

I will be bringing your Disston to the GTG, It has beaten me. I cannot make heads or tails out of what i found inside the carb. Everything is melted together in a blob, and I give up as to what does what.

HAHA, Dean I had one given to me, It sits under the bench, awaiting it's turn.

I will be bringing your Disston to the GTG, It has beaten me. I cannot make heads or tails out of what i found inside the carb. Everything is melted together in a blob, and I give up as to what does what.

It just so happens that I aquired another DO-100 not long ago whos internals may be in better shape if you care to investigate, but then, I fully understand if you don't. I was in hopes that when you finished that little project you might take on the carb in my Reed-Prentice Timberhog which is the same saw as a Craftsman 1200. Alas, some things I have learned, are just not meant to be.
The last DO-100 that I heard of to run had its' carb replaced with a Walbro somehow. I've not seen it myself,so it could be just a rumour.
I do appreciate you trying to make it go and better luck with your other projects.

Im most likely gonna miss out on this one. Lost a close friend last night...

IDK about SP and BBB.

Thats terrible news man. Sorry for your loss. I have lost my share of friends over the years. I'm 30 yrs old now and have lost a handful of good friends and two of my very best friends over the years.
Hang in there.

It just so happens that I aquired another DO-100 not long ago whos internals may be in better shape if you care to investigate, but then, I fully understand if you don't. I was in hopes that when you finished that little project you might take on the carb in my Reed-Prentice Timberhog which is the same saw as a Craftsman 1200. Alas, some things I have learned, are just not meant to be.
The last DO-100 that I heard of to run had its' carb replaced with a Walbro somehow. I've not seen it myself,so it could be just a rumour.
I do appreciate you trying to make it go and better luck with your other projects.

It appears that an intake could be fabbed to use a HL tilly, but I have no resources to do something like that.

The wire going to the kill switch was broken at the switch and was grounding to the handle. I did not get as far as fixing the end of that wire. I did manage to get it to fire off on mix,shot into the carb throat. I wish I could have gotten it going, becuase that few seconds i had it running, it sounded very healthy.

Rick,

I am trying to get everything lined up for next Saturday. Do you need any tables? I have three of the 6' plastic banquet tables I can bring along with a couple of folding chairs.

Also, I am bringing a big load of saws to sell/swap.

Gary
Thanks, Gary. All we will have down there is a picnic table, but don't cut down on your "saw room" in the truck. We will probably be alright, but if you want to bring one of those tables, it will be fine. I don't know who will need chairs, but I don't have but a few. Thanks...Rick

Thanks, Gary. All we will have down there is a picnic table, but don't cut down on your "saw room" in the truck. We will probably be alright, but if you want to bring one of those tables, it will be fine. I don't know who will need chairs, but I don't have but a few. Thanks...Rick

I will be driving my Explorer, I can fold down the back seat and slide them in there. I am currently trying to engineer two levels of saws for my trailer. Picked up several today that I will be bringing down as well,

Did you get that 8500 in Goochland?

I did, picked it up at 9:30 this morning. Talked to the owner yesterday but i did not want to make the trip back out there last night. Something told me to check CL before I left me place in Louisa yesterday, if I had they would have been here last night.

Poulan8500011.jpg

It came with the bow as well as a 24" bar and 2 extra loops. While the ad said he had 2 Husky 55's one turned out to be a 66. All those started and ran, i could not get the ProMac 610 to fire but took it anyway.

Poulan8500026.jpg

Funny thing, the guy said I was the first person who had called and claimed this was the 3rd time he had run the ad. I know I would have seen it before, I wonder if he placed the ad but never responded to the e-mail to publish it?

Funny thing, the guy said I was the first person who had called and claimed this was the 3rd time he had run the ad. I know I would have seen it before, I wonder if he placed the ad but never responded to the e-mail to publish it?

Either that or he posted it in some way off CL by accident. I have noticed that if place a ad, after I am was browsing CL from another area, it will want to post the ad in the last area I searched.

I did, picked it up at 9:30 this morning. Talked to the owner yesterday but i did not want to make the trip back out there last night. Something told me to check CL before I left me place in Louisa yesterday, if I had they would have been here last night.

No pics of the skid steer? I sent him an email and left him a message Sunday evening, didn't hear back from him until about 11:00 yesterday morning. He said a guy showed up with a big wad of cash and bought the saws and his skidsteer which he hadn't thought about selling. I thought to myself, I know that M.O. :msp_w00t:

Good score.

No pics of the skid steer? I sent him an email and left him a message Sunday evening, didn't hear back from him until about 11:00 yesterday morning. He said a guy showed up with a big wad of cash and bought the saws and his skidsteer which he hadn't thought about selling. I thought to myself, I know that M.O. :msp_w00t:

Good score.

There is apparently some confusion here as the ad I responded to only listed the 4 saws. Being unemployed, a "big wad of cash" is something that I can only dream about. While I did see a newer Cub Cadet riding mower, there was no skid steer in sight. Besides, I do not think it would have fit in the back of my Explorer...

There is apparently some confusion here as the ad I responded to only listed the 4 saws. Being unemployed, a "big wad of cash" is something that I can only dream about. While I did see a newer Cub Cadet riding mower, there was no skid steer in sight. Besides, I do not think it would have fit in the back of my Explorer...

Weird, definitely the same ad, just relaying what he told me. He said he used to be in the logging business, wasn't anymore so was selling of his stuff. He said a guy showed up, showed him a fi####l of cash and went away with the saws and a skidsteer. Was he 1/2 in the bag when you got there? :msp_scared:

Back