Mid Virginia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually met his son yesterday morning as he was at work. Took about 10 calls for his son to get in contact with him and relay my offer. I did not see a skid steer, perhaps someone else came along and bought that and his son just gave him a "big wad of cash" for everything. On the other hand, if I am owed a skid steer perhaps I need to go back!

There may be a 100% chance of B.S on Sat....:hmm3grin2orange:

I can think of no reason,at this time, for anyone to utter untrue remarks with regard to chainsaws or any associated paraphenalia
while attending said GTG. If any attendee should be found to speak
any words that are construed as BS, he,she, or it shall be disqualified as to eligibility for any reward promised verbally or in writing with regard to behavior required by others present,either at the GTG physically or in spirit.
A list of this rule and all others can be had by contacting any of your current elected officials in Washington, DC.
If they don't have the BS down pat, then our future will be different than I have previously surmised.
I wanna be just like '67 Mustang if I grow up!
Igpoe:cheers:

Hey guys I just wanted to let you all know for sure that LP and I will not be able to attend this Saturday. It is with a heavy heart that we'll be otherwise committed to another GTG that day. LP lost one of his many friends last Saturday at the age of 17 from heart surgery complications.

The family and friends of this young man have been doing a great job of trying to ease this pain for the kids. They have had a whole week of vigils and candlelight services and many many tears. Saturday would have been his 18th Birthday and it is going to be a day for reflection of this young mans life.

So I know you folks will understand we have somewhere else we have to be. Maybe we'll be able to make the next one and we look forward to meeting you all one day. Dean you and Steve keep um all in line up there and wear your BS boots.
Thanks for the invite,
Joe

Hey guys I just wanted to let you all know for sure that LP and I will not be able to attend this Saturday. It is with a heavy heart that we'll be otherwise committed to another GTG that day. LP lost one of his many friends last Saturday at the age of 17 from heart surgery complications.

The family and friends of this young man have been doing a great job of trying to ease this pain for the kids. They have had a whole week of vigils and candlelight services and many many tears. Saturday would have been his 18th Birthday and it is going to be a day for reflection of this young mans life.

So I know you folks will understand we have somewhere else we have to be. Maybe we'll be able to make the next one and we look forward to meeting you all one day. Dean you and Steve keep um all in line up there and wear your BS boots.
Thanks for the invite,
Joe

Sorry to hear about LP's friend. We'll miss you. :msp_sad:

Thanks for the invite,
Joe

We'll miss y'all but we're still gonna be looking for you at the Halifax Heritage Festival. We need your help there just like we did last year. May 6,7,and 8th. 'Course Sat. is the big day.
Sad for your reason to not make the GTG. Happier times are coming.
Dean

Does anyone have a junk homelite 330 that they could bring saturday for me to steal some parts off of?

I gave one away about 6 months ago, but the guy hasn't done anything with it, so I may can get it back. I saw it yesterday.I'll see what I can do.....Rick

Ethanol-Free gas

On East Atlantic St. in South Hill, the Citgo station has 93 octane ethanol-free gas. I got some this morning. It ain't cheap....

So, is everybody ready?
All I have left is to decide which ones to bring.

Ready? Not really... As far as saws, I am going to try and bring every one that I have here are the house. In order to do so, I will need to modify the trailer tomorrow to increase the carrying capacity. I wish I had been able to get to my mother's to pick up the 12-15 saws I have there.

So, is everybody ready?
All I have left is to decide which ones to bring.

I guess it's all set, Dean. I haven't heard from many locals, but I know a few are coming. I have been getting ready, but my old Dodge truck won't start. I'm gonna leave that POS in the woods and haul my stuff on the tractor/wagon. My Poulan 84 is the only one in my group that didn't want to start. Some of the other old saws surprised me! Of course with old Poulans, you never know from one day to the next which ones want to wake-up...:laugh:

I'll have the signs out at the road by 8:30am or so(Sat morning), but we won't figure on much happening until 10:00 or so. Y'all come on whenever you get ready.

Directions

From South Hill, Take 138(Union Mill Rd.) towards Kenbridge, and come approx. 9 miles down to event on right. From Kenbridge, take 137(which turns into 138) out about 8 miles to event on left. Signs will be at mailbox. For better directions, call me at 434-294-6042. Looking forward to seeing y'all tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back