Mid Virginia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, talk about a weird saw, one of my good customers just plopped what i believe to be a Mcculloch 35,(not mini mac 35) on my counter here at work.. Man said " You got one of these".. I answered "No Sir". He responded "You do now". He told me that it was found in the trunk of a car that was being hualed to the scrap yard.

Does anyone have an IPL or any info for this type of saw, because I cant make heads or tails of where things are located.

I would like to attend and probaly another member who is pretty close to me. I will know if i'm going to be able to make it by the end of the week.

Don't really have any older saws but would love to come and check some out.....I do have a bunch of newer Husqvarna saws.....350,455,359,338xpt,346xp,357xp,372xp,372xpw,390xp,394xp,3120xp and multples of some of them.

You don't need older saws, just saws. We'd love to have you and your saws.
Dean (Igpoe):cheers:

Wow, talk about a weird saw, one of my good customers just plopped what i believe to be a Mcculloch 35,(not mini mac 35) on my counter here at work.. Man said " You got one of these".. I answered "No Sir". He responded "You do now". He told me that it was found in the trunk of a car that was being hualed to the scrap yard.

Does anyone have an IPL or any info for this type of saw, because I cant make heads or tails of where things are located.

Carb kits are almost impossible to find and you can expect to pay $60+ if you do manage to find one. The little button on the top is a primer and the lever make the engine run leaner/richer, it is not a choke lever. The mac 35 was known as the "Thrifty Mac".

Model Profile: 35

Here is my 35A
attachment.php

attachment.php

I'll be in South Boston that weekend and want to know the address and what time this is taking place. Thanks

I'm leaving from South Boston early on the 19th. Lemme know where you are, maybe you can follow me or you could pm GoRving for the address. He's on the South Hill road about 9 miles west of South Hill toward Kenbridge. Be glad to have you. We'll gather at his place around 10 am and stay until we're tired and ready to go home...............simple.
Dean (Igpoe):cheers:

I'm still trying to get the A900 going. Actually I'm attempting too many short cuts trying to save time. The crankcase has some liquid garbage in it that needs to be flushed out.
At the same time, all the saws I'm gonna take to the GTG need sharpening. Where does the time go.............
Igpoe:cheers:

I'm still trying to get the A900 going. Actually I'm attempting too many short cuts trying to save time. The crankcase has some liquid garbage in it that needs to be flushed out.
At the same time, all the saws I'm gonna take to the GTG need sharpening. Where does the time go.............

Amen Brother on all the above I'm working my butt off and it seems like I'm getting farther behind. Go figure it'll all buff out.

With the "blown differential" fiasco behind me, the prepping has begun. Getting all the runners tuned, and sharpened, and fixing any issues that have been lurking unseen. I never realized what sad shape my saws were in, until I started prepping them for this GTG. I have found loose bolts, shot AV mounts,chains so dull they would not cut a stick of butter, leaking oil pumps, and frayed recoil ropes.

I am doing 1 saw a day, end to end, top to bottom, to make sure that at least the ones I do have running, will run well. Some , like the Mac47, I will just be happy if it runs all day without issue.

I guess we will have to miss this one. Wiggs is having his in April this year, I'll be there.

With the "blown differential" fiasco behind me, the prepping has begun. Getting all the runners tuned, and sharpened, and fixing any issues that have been lurking unseen. I never realized what sad shape my saws were in, until I started prepping them for this GTG. I have found loose bolts, shot AV mounts,chains so dull they would not cut a stick of butter, leaking oil pumps, and frayed recoil ropes.

I am doing 1 saw a day, end to end, top to bottom, to make sure that at least the ones I do have running, will run well. Some , like the Mac47, I will just be happy if it runs all day without issue.
Come on down!!

air?

Long-term forecast is calling for Sunny and high of 63. We should be so lucky!
I almost hoped at this point it would have called for storms. I'm thinking 50-50 chance this far out.

Dean,

Maybe it will rain enough today to take care of next week........ We are up to an inch now, but only 0.25" since I got up early this morning. However, it has started to come down hard in the last 5 minutes.

Gary

Fingers are locked up from filing chains for the last two days, even filed a couple in my sleep last night. Filed the chain on a XL-12 last night and then decided to flip the bar for good measure. Took the saw out to knock a couple limbs out of two apple trees and it would not cut to save my soul. Back into the basement and dug out a file guide figuring I must have messed my angle up. No problem with the angle but I bet the backwards chain might have had something to do with it. Guess I was trying to saw the limbs back on, huh?

Fingers are locked up from filing chains for the last two days, even filed a couple in my sleep last night. Filed the chain on a XL-12 last night and then decided to flip the bar for good measure. Took the saw out to knock a couple limbs out of two apple trees and it would not cut to save my soul. Back into the basement and dug out a file guide figuring I must have messed my angle up. No problem with the angle but I bet the backwards chain might have had something to do with it. Guess I was trying to saw the limbs back on, huh?

I've never met with much luck trying to run a chain backwards and cut.
But I have tried and am subject to try again. I wonder if the old Mac pintail chain couldn't be sharpened in both directions. That would simplify everything!
Only saw I could get to start this pm was an I.E.L. Pioneer, other than a 2MG Mall. I pulled on the 2MG about 40 times until I realized I'd never twisted the gas valve open! It's not the saws that get rusty over the cold months, it's the ignorant operator!
Pioneer is a marvel with it's manual clutch. I'm considering bringing it to the GTG.

Only saw I could get to start this pm was an I.E.L. Pioneer, other than a 2MG Mall. I pulled on the 2MG about 40 times until I realized I'd never twisted the gas valve open! It's not the saws that get rusty over the cold months, it's the ignorant operator!
Pioneer is a marvel with it's manual clutch. I'm considering bringing it to the GTG.

I managed to get the XL-12, 10-10, PM 10-10 and PM610 ready to go. All the 372 needs is a o-ring, got to install the closed port top end on the 51, carb base gasket on the super EZ and carb kits in two Craftsman/Roper. I believe the old Mac 35A and Lancaster 400 are a lost cause for this GTG, maybe someone at the GTG will have something interesting to trade.

I sure hope the rain goes away for the next week or so...We've had a monsoon(still having it).

I managed to get the XL-12, 10-10, PM 10-10 and PM610 ready to go. All the 372 needs is a o-ring, got to install the closed port top end on the 51, carb base gasket on the super EZ and carb kits in two Craftsman/Roper. I believe the old Mac 35A and Lancaster 400 are a lost cause for this GTG, maybe someone at the GTG will have something interesting to trade.

I betcha Mr. PioneerFan loves a Mac 35

Latest posts

Back