Midwest gtg 09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brncreeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My Stihl Dealer would like it this year with him. Location will be Antique Acres, Cedar Falls, date is August 23 (Sunday). Steve will demo a couple 361’s, MS460, MS660, and he is trying to get a MS880 to demo as well. He’ll have the Stihl tent with the full display, etc. We’ll have a log stand (pine logs) and plan to do timed cuts.
Steve will be at the Antique Acres Power Show August 21-23, I thought the GTG would work better on Sunday (23rd) for those that need to travel. If Saturday works better let me know, for now let’s plan on August 23.
The Antique Power always attract tons of people, should be a good time. I showed Steve the pictures from last years gtg and he was impressed! He wondered if the SP125’s, Homelites, and Bill’s 2 man saw would be there this year.

Dang, almost snuck in there! I'll be in Iowa in July.

Oh well, I missed ours this year too. :bang:

brncreeper will your Huskeys be there? We need to run our 372xpw's against each other.

Yep, I'll have the Ed Heard 372xpw for sure. Timberwolf just received my 3120 in the mail today, if he gets it done I'll bring that too.

I'm running a 8 pin. I put one my 575 also and was less than 1 sec off the time of the PP372 doing three cuts of a 10 x 10. My 575 is all stock.
Last year on the 10x10 Hickory cant the 7 worked the best, maybe I'll try the eight this year on the pine.

Last edited:
I'll think this trip over some. It would be a long ways to go and get my butt kicked again. I'm just getting able to sit down again after the trip to the Ohio GTG this past April. Nothing like running against other faster saws.

Well I would like to be there but that is the same weekend as the Baraboo WI show. We race in Baraboo on Saturday but I generally spend Sunday driving around southern WI with my wife.

I assume this means you will not be hosting one in September?

Bill

Well I would like to be there but that is the same weekend as the Baraboo WI show. We race in Baraboo on Saturday but I generally spend Sunday driving around southern WI with my wife.

I assume this means you will not be hosting one in September?

Bill

Sorry to hear that Bill.

Nothing is planned for September of this year.

How bout a convoy...:clap:

If you guys go are any of you going to get a hotel/motel?
My drive would be an 8 hour drive. That's 16 both ways plus the hours spend during the event. That's almost 24 hours of staying up.
I personally would have to stay the night. I'm thinking driving up the day before.

Well let's see, 4 hours + to Baraboo or 30 minutes to Antique Acres?

Sorry, I had to edit the whole post, I will be out of the country the last two weeks of August (Vietnam/Japan).

Unbelievable

Mark

P.S. I will try to find a place and some stuff to cut for a GTG in September, assuming I am allowed to spend a week or two around in September.

Last edited:
Back