Mini skid.....who has one and what kind?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another question. How do these machines drive on potatoes. In other words I live in Hawaii and most of the island is rock . If you're jobs were covered in loose rock would you machine be useful?

I've driven a Ramrod 1350 several times. The controls are horrible. They seem to be decent other than that. I wouldn't buy one due to the controls. They are really that bad.

e45704c91eca936db411715a21780cb3.jpg
yoooooooo....... Easy on the ramrod **** talking this 900T has almost 2800hrs and all it has cost me were a few dozen tires and some hydro lines . The bigger ones out spec even the 800 Vermeer . And I Ike the controls granted ya can't text an drive or sip a latte but they are friendly enough , I mean it's 4 levers

So I called the Vermeer rep and was told the s650tx is being discontinued. Its to be replaced this month by the s725tx. Bummer. Haven't had the time yet to compare but if you like your 650, keep it in good shape. If you want one, apparently there's only one in the whole NE for $26k.

Attachments

• S725TX.pdf
    286.8 KB · Views: 4
725 is better...wish I had it over my 650.

Lifts higher, and more. The best part is drive gear is off the ground. But it is slightly longer in length.

compared specs on the Vermeer 450, 650, 725 and ditch witch 750 and the DW 750 is the one with the best specs. No idea ergonomically or price either. Vermeer 800 kicks them all but I'm sure it comes with a hefty price tag.

I got real interested in buying a mini at one point and priced both the DW755 and the S800tx. They were within $1K of each other.

Was told currently the current price on a dw755 is 24K, the Vermeer s725tx is 28K and price on a DW 850 will be around 40K after the tier4 engines are required. Don't know about the Vermeer 800 but probably in the 30s

Going to look at the ramrod taskmaster 1150 next week and then the DW 650, both used. Someone convince me which one is better and why. Asking 12K for ramrod, no bucket, 160 hrs and 14.5K for the 2010 dw650 with a bucket, 1400 hrs.

Bought a used sk650, 2010, 1400 hrs, 51" bucket, forks and BMG, $16K. Ran it today for first time and although it was a bit awkward at first, it will definitely have it's place and will help a lot.

Got A dingo 420tx. Just dropped it at the shop Friday. Waiting to here what the estimate for a new motor will be Monday.

I bought a dw sk750 with a branch manager grapple and 36" bucket. Total was 26k delivered and we'll worth the money easy to operate and takes place of two grounds man

I'm not too familiar with the minis...what is the base price of the Vermeer 650? Very handy machines for sure

Just bought a 2014 650tx demo model for $22k. It had about 100 hours on it, mostly on firewood duty right now but it seems like it is going to ge a great purchase.

I believe they are going to all gasoline engines for the new models

Back