Minnesota GTG 9/22/12 @ the dodgegeeks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rest, you'll have to wait for Andy - he'll be posting up the results of the 290/390 tear-down/rebuild later.

Again... THANK YOU ALL for making a great GTG- aint nutin without the company! We had a blast- I definitely want to do another. Looking forward to the rest of the pics that folks are posting.

The rest, you'll have to wait for Andy - he'll be posting up the results of the 290/390 tear-down/rebuild later.

Again... THANK YOU ALL for making a great GTG- aint nutin without the company! We had a blast- I definitely want to do another. Looking forward to the rest of the pics that folks are posting.

Thank you Sarah for being such a gracious hostess. Tho not always such a gracious winner!! LOL
You and Andy did a great job. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I will post a few pics here of the 290/390 rebuild. If you have been reading this thread you will know we were going to do a short block replacement on a Stihl clamshell saw. Tree Monkey did the overhaul and I took the pictures and ran the stop watch. We had been racing and playin with saws all day and we started the build around 9pm. So here you go, and I am going to start another thread on this build also.
Here is the saw at before the build
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is the time that Tree Monkey finished this in. I was very impressed, I think he too was a bit surprised at his time. I think he has taken a few saws apart in his day. A big thanks to him for doing this for us, it was fun to watch.

attachment.php

Here is the completed saw along with every tool that he used for the job.
attachment.php

Here is the time that Tree Monkey finished this in. I was very impressed, I think he too was a bit surprised at his time. I think he has taken a few saws apart in his day. A big thanks to him for doing this for us, it was fun to watch.

A Master at Work! Wish I could have stayed to watch and learn!

Philbert

Awesome pics and vids guys!!! Sure wish i could have stuck around longer. The head to head racing is always a blast and sure it was fun to see tree monkey working his magic.

Man! Scott's beard is gettin grey!
We're gonna have to start calling him ole' greyback monkey IF he don't shave that thing off...
:msp_wink:

Last edited:
Back