Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vuvyte6u.jpg

Why didn't I think of cutting wood like that, that's a great idea. Can't wait to get back to the 7900 after shooting 3d targets and bowling pins all weekend. Oh and of course eating enough to hold me for the whole week. Sure wish I was closer to you guys...

Had another good time hangin out with JD, Jon, Adam, and a bunch of other non-AS'ers over in Wisconsin. We burnt the huge brush piles left from the pines we had cut last weekend. The main pile we lit up was probably 60' square and nearly 10' hi. It wasn't as easy to start the fire as I figured it would be. Two propane weed burner torches, countless gallon jugs of waste oil, 5 gallons of old diesel fuel, just wasn't doin it. The key was when JD went and got his Dolmar backpack blower and gave the fire a good shot of air, then we got it raging.The weather was perfect. Here are a few photos of the festivities.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

is it just me or does he look realy proud of his DQ trophy?
when did you start giving them out?
did he cross the line or fail to start?

I'm not sure what I'm more jealous of the DQ or the logs.

How's the mill going for ya so far? Those pictures looked like you have a pretty large area cleared out. How big is this mill?

Back