Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a Cummins 12 valve in my F350... You guys ever do that conversion?

I bought a 2000 f250 with a bad engine with that thought in mind. Ended up building another 7.3 with some mods for cheaper than a cummins and conversion parts would have cost me. Have been very happy with it. It doesnt have the power that my old 12valve cummins did, 625hp, but this is more reliable and cheaper to run.

I bought a 2000 f250 with a bad engine with that thought in mind. Ended up building another 7.3 with some mods for cheaper than a cummins and conversion parts would have cost me. Have been very happy with it. It doesnt have the power that my old 12valve cummins did, 625hp, but this is more reliable and cheaper to run.

All the engines are good with the exception of the the old 6.2/6.5 GM. Even that engine was ok in a passenger car application(1/2 ton 2wd commuter) but nothing more. I am partial to the 5.9 because it provides the best mileage, the others are more engine than I need.

It rarely makes economical sense to re-power. It just has to be something you want, and have lots of time/money to finish the project.

Hedgerow, 2 or 4 wheel drive?

All the engines are good with the exception of the the old 6.2/6.5 GM. Even that engine was ok in a passenger car application(1/2 ton 2wd commuter) but nothing more. I am partial to the 5.9 because it provides the best mileage, the others are more engine than I need.

It rarely makes economical sense to re-power. It just has to be something you want, and have lots of time/money to finish the project.

Hedgerow, 2 or 4 wheel drive?

4wd..
Just waiting for the gasser to get tired...
So far, ain't happened yet... And it's getting 12-14, so I ain't complaining...
Mileage is my main concern, not the HP...

Well??? Does it run???
Did Scott put sawdust in the gas tank???

It runs great. No saw dust needed for this one, its ported for work. I love it best money I've spent on a saw ( aside from the $50 it took to get the saw). I'll need to make the chain a little more agressive. It definitely has more sack than the 461 I took to the gtg

Me and JD went to the council meeting for the Chisago county fair, held in Rush City, tonight and it looks very promising that we will be doing some chainsaw racing at their fair. We will keep you all posted as we learn more. We have so much fun doing it at the Burnett county fair in Grantsburg, heck why not do another fair. Who all is interested in attending?

Me and JD went to the council meeting for the Chisago county fair, held in Rush City, tonight and it looks very promising that we will be doing some chainsaw racing at their fair. We will keep you all posted as we learn more. We have so much fun doing it at the Burnett county fair in Grantsburg, heck why not do another fair. Who all is interested in attending?

Me and Levi.... But I'll bet it ain't even the same week as Burnett...
Why do you torment me Andy????
Why???!!!!

I just googled the dates for the Chisago county fair and it said July 18-21. They were talking about us doing races on Saturday maybe after their parade. Again, we will let you know more when we find out more.

Should be able to pull a pretty good crowd. I know I will be there hauling a trailer load of saw... GTG trailer almost done, will be ready for Iowa.....

but i posted pics, it had to happen
i pizzed in the tank:msp_w00t:
i put a few parts in it, i'll let you know what you still owe when i get time

happy you like it

Ran 3 tanks through it today, it was awesome. Hedge didn't bother it. Played around on a 40 inch cottonwood. Oh did I say it was loud ? I'm freezing,wet and still happy about it. I do need to make the chain more agressive, that same chain was too much for it stock. :rock:

I just googled the dates for the Chisago county fair and it said July 18-21. They were talking about us doing races on Saturday maybe after their parade. Again, we will let you know more when we find out more.

Thats my birfday weekend. May need to tell my Sara I wanna race saws :rock:

Stopped by the dodgegeeks yesterday to watch Andy perform tranny surgery on his jeep... got introduced the whole family of Mountain Lions they call cats.. Beefie... I think you've got some competition going on here. Those things are rather intimidating!

What is that sopose to mean? What would be the competition? Besides I have yet to get to Andy and Sarahs. Looks like I missed out on a good weekend. I had to go down for my cousins son's 5th birthday. He has Hydrocepholis, and has maken big strides. I don't think he will ever talk but he understands what you are saying.

Beefie

The Race is on!!! JD got word from the Chisago county fair board that we are invited to come to the fair and do some racing. The date is Saturday July 20 at 4:30pm. I hope we can get a good showing. I will probably bring a dozen or two saws with.:msp_thumbup: We will be discussing more about it tommorrow night at T-dawgs in Grantsburg at our weekly council meeting.:msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back