Missing a few boys tonite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roads are next to impossible to drive on around here, seems that we must have had a tornado also because mother nature dropped a bunch of cars in the middle of the road and ditches along with the snow, been pulling people out right and left all morning. Going to be a beautiful day but this snow and ice aint goning to melt for a while. All this brings up another question, Should switch all my saws over to winter bar lube now as well as start running ice chains ?

Rotax Robert

That's because they still sell dry road tyres here (idiots!!!) and almost nobody carries even cable chains.

We have about 8 inches here, really dense - trees bending over at "unnatural" angles. Great... Temperatures dropping even as the sun come out.

But.. it sure is pretty!

If you get a chance can you post some pics. I'm in GA and it is just now getting cool. I would like to see some snow.

Nice and glazed

A lot of glazed ice over here in shade areas. My wife can drive on this even pull4x4 imports out of the ditch with the Bronco. She is so macho in such a very feminine way.Supposed to be close or in single digits out here against the mountains.

Some pics from around home

Snow day.. didn't want to hit the highway and the BS of other drivers, so just took a few photos instead.

Looking SE (from my deck)

attachment.php

Looking north

attachment.php

Back yard:

attachment.php

Snow day for the kids too...

attachment.php

But the post must get though... any more snow an these trees will be firewood..

attachment.php

WOW!!

Lake can I move in with you. I won't take up much space. ;)

Very pretty pics. Wish it did that here in GA.

As always Lake, great pics. It was real pretty around here also. fresh snow and lots of sun and cold now; Just wish I could get my cam to download. (Kids set it up for me and I cant use it) go figure.

Rotax

Arrrrgh, looks freezing cold. lol And atleast the kids have more PPE than some of the tree guys I have seen around here. lol

Hows this.

attachment.php

Arrrrgh, looks freezing cold. lol And atleast the kids have more PPE than some of the tree guys I have seen around here. lol

Hows this.

Can't let my wife see that picture:D

13 degress here right now (F)... all that open water in the shots yesterday is now solid.

Great pictures Lakeside! I'm kind of glad I didn't post some because I might have then been embarrassed.:laugh:

It's a skating rink around here with it melting yesterday just enough to freeze again (its around 10F here this morning). Just threw studded snows on my wifes car for the day or two. Only run them for the ice then I take them back off because of the noise and road wear. But on ice, nothing like studs.

So cold that all the tanks I store wood I am working with are frozen pretty solid. (Use 150 gallon stock tanks.) Have to chip each piece out and then turn the ice of it to begin again.

But I enjoy the snow because it then feels really like winter.

Speaking of people buying saws, I wonder how much chainsaw sales have increased since the storm? More specifically, quality brand saws around the Northwest. I'm sure Lake could easily answer this one...........

Not so easy to get accurate data... Stihl NW sold about 5000 saws in the last two weeks of December... these went to dealers and pretty much sold out immediately, and were to replenish their earlier stock that sold out. Then in the first few days of January (after the Stihl warehouse reopened - closed between xmas and the 3rd January), they shipped to replenish dealers again... There weren't lot of saws on shelves on the 3rd January.... I'd guess Stihl sales to end users was in the 14-18k range... Sales are still "brisk"... and at a time of years when it's supposed to be dead. Lot's of pro saws - the pros have money right now.

I hate to think how many saws Lowes and HD sold... Semi's full of consumer saws..

Back