Modders beware!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is going to ultimately discourage modders, but I guess that is what was intended anyway. If we let it happen.

Everyone acts like the EPA is going to be knocking on their door tomorrow, asking to see your saw with a 37,000 fine in their hand! (I mean Jan 2 2010, not tomorrow) WTF!

Its not just about modding but learning the composition of different 2 strokes and their abilities. The amount of time and information invested by everyone here is phenomenal.

No one will feel comfortable posting for fear someone is going to drop a hammer of a fine on them.

Also why is everyone ripping on the Professional modders and the fines they could be smacked with, looks like some of the you who paid for them are trying to point the finger the other way. (He did it, no he did it, crap)

My .03 cents worth

Rick

Space, you don't scare me. I won't get in a name calling contest either. I stated what you are, nothing more.

And I was stating what you are. If it makes you feel better, I will respond.

I am not a troll. I've been on this site since '03. I joined because I like chainsaws and because I was in the market for one. I like the guys here. I occasionally post chainsaw related info, but I am not an expert in most areas, and most questions are covered before I answer. Therefore, I don't post a lot of answers. I do read the discussions and learn from the experts just like everyone else.

I like a lot of the people on here. I post and read as a break from doing homework. It takes my mind off of more serious matters.

I am animated in discussions and I speak my mind, and many take that as trolling. That's not my problem.

And now, you've successfully derailed this thread and dragged this into a personal discussion that no one should care about. Satisfied?

This thread is going to ultimately discourage modders, but I guess that is what was intended anyway. If we let it happen.

Everyone acts like the EPA is going to be knocking on their door tomorrow, asking to see your saw with a 37,000 fine in their hand! (I mean Jan 2 2010, not tomorrow) WTF!

Its not just about modding but learning the composition of different 2 strokes and their abilities. The amount of time and information invested by everyone here is phenomenal.

No one will feel comfortable posting for fear someone is going to drop a hammer of a fine on them.

Also why is everyone ripping on the Professional modders and the fines they could be smacked with, looks like some of the you who paid for them are trying to point the finger the other way. (He did it, no he did it, crap)

My .03 cents worth

Rick

Let the bastards try to look in my shop. Around here most people understand what the business end of a .357 or a .300 Remmy Mag means. Country justice still exists.

And I was stating what you are. If it makes you feel better, I will respond.

I am not a troll. I've been on this site since '03. I joined because I like chainsaws and because I was in the market for one. I like the guys here. I occasionally post chainsaw related info, but I am not an expert in most areas, and most questions are covered before I answer. Therefore, I don't post a lot of answers. I do read the discussions and learn from the experts just like everyone else.

I like a lot of the people on here. I post and read as a break from doing homework. It takes my mind off of more serious matters.

I am animated in discussions and I speak my mind, and many take that as trolling. That's not my problem.

And now, you've successfully derailed this thread and dragged this into a personal discussion that no one should care about. Satisfied?

Thanks for answer, seriously. But, I beg to differ with you on your last point. I think a lot of us do care about this discussion. Plain and simple, we're tired of your crap.

Puuuulease. Who cases about stupid rep?

Are you saying that people give positive rep to posters they are sick of?

Don't pretend to speak for everyone. You can only speak for you. You are part of a vocal minority that do not like me. Why don't you form a support group and talk about it?

You're the one always throwing the mud. Why stop now? You seem to love wollering in it. Why not go ahead and grab another handful?

Yep. I proved that 2 or 3 pages ago. He is the classic liberal fool. He cant work an argument correctly, he just ignores when he is wrong and spews more bullcrap that sounds intelligent to the average idiot. What he keeps getting wrong is that most of us arent idiots. That is his role, the fool.

If you had a good answer you'd give it. I think I called your bluff! You're nothing more than a troll.

Space is just an annoying little Wiesel, try not to let him bother you. He gets my goat too. Have you seen his pics, looks just like a ugly Troll.

Most of the time I lay low and avoid conflict.

With thousands of members, it is impossible for everyone to like everyone.

The chainsaw section is about the only one I frequent, I have always liked saws and always will. Buying and selling them has become one of the best hobbies I have had.

Having belonged to some large group websites I have learned a couple things and one of them is that pm's or face to face is the best way to tell someone how you feel, the "manly" way so to speak.

Some people here are chumps and their constant sarcasm is bound to be met with distain.

Not something we really have to go nuts about. Fact is even if this actually becomes law, how would they enforce it? How many fed agencies would bother hunting down the odd saw or two? Doubt they would be trained to even recognize that pipe sticking out of the muffler isn't within spec...and there are so many ways to get around stuff like that, Barter, cash, with no records, etc. Its like half the fire wood folks around here sell partly split wood. its not a finished product and therefore they don't track sales tax. The performance motorcycle world and automotive world have worked around the rules without the wrath of gov for years. There is even an article in one of the magazines this year showing a custom 2 Stroke CR500 Honda where they cut the steering head off and welded one from a CX500 one on...now the VIN numbers are legal..and this is in a national publication. Guess California regulation enforcement isn't that proactive or even interested in the few hundered customs out there. Conversely when VOR, an Italian company; sold some off road motorcycles without CARB approval, they damn near fined them out of business! The difference was VOR actually had aspirations of selling product vs. the custom builder that effects only a handle ful of motorcycles.

Back