Modders beware!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottom line, you cannot legislate morality. The fact that an act is or is not a law does not mean that it is or is not moral. There must be a foundation other than legislated law on which to base morality. Otherwise, we simply definte morality to fit our own selfish desires. This country was built on Judeo Christian morals and ethics. Historically it has been these morals and ethics that have governed our laws. As time has gone on, our own selfish self-fulfillng ways have caused us to deviate farther and farther from the truth in our law making. Abortion is a classic example of this. The fact that abortion is not illegal in no way makes killing an innocent human being an ethical and moral act. It always has been, and always will be, immoral and unethical. Period. You see, you take the foundation out from under your belief system, and neither you nor society have anything to stand on.

Would someone please rep this fine gentleman for me:agree2:

Bottom line, you cannot legislate morality. The fact that an act is or is not a law does not mean that it is or is not moral. There must be a foundation other than legislated law on which to base morality. Otherwise, we simply definte morality to fit our own selfish desires. This country was built on Judeo Christian morals and ethics. Historically it has been these morals and ethics that have governed our laws. As time has gone on, our own selfish self-fulfillng ways have caused us to deviate farther and farther from the truth in our law making. Abortion is a classic example of this. The fact that abortion is not illegal in no way makes killing an innocent human being an ethical and moral act. It always has been, and always will be, immoral and unethical. Period. You see, you take the foundation out from under your belief system, and neither you nor society have anything to stand on.

Sounds like someone is trying to dust up the trail a little.
ZG

Abortion is ileagal in Ireland, There was a girl RAPED there that became pregnant she came over to the UK for an abortion.
now where would you stand on that?
Whats the moral thing to do in that case?
Let her bring up a child thats going to remind her of being raped?
Through NO fault of her own she became pregnant HMM

Personally I would rather have my GF have an abortion than have a downs child or one that was going to have a major disability.

Abortion is ileagal in Ireland, There was a girl RAPED there that became pregnant she came over to the UK for an abortion.
now where would you stand on that?
Whats the moral thing to do in that case?
Let her bring up a child thats going to remind her of being raped?
Through NO fault of her own she became pregnant HMM

Personally I would rather have my GF have an abortion than have a downs child or one that was going to have a major disability.

That's a SUPER TOUGH situation. And I really feel for someone like that! I'm not prepared to pass judgement on that one. I'm not trying to turn this into an abortion debate, it just facilitates my point.

I probably shouldn't reply to your last comment. You wouldn't like it and I'm not looking for a fight with you. I would just suggest that you ought to ask the parents of severely handicapped children what there opinion is. I think you would be surprised.

Last edited:
I like Pie. there is a scotish baker in town that makes the best I ever had. They have a steak and kid that goes mighty fine with a mug of Maclays Ale.

I like to get dressed up like Lord Denning (or Roy bean), and I get drunk and eat the pie while drilling holes in a muffler. I do this all while speeding and not signaling lane changes. One time they were discussing abortion and down-syndrome on the radio and I thought of SthiltheDeere and Spacemule. I really don't know why.

Either way, I think this topic has jumped the shark :bang:

I like Pie. there is a scotish baker in town that makes the best I ever had. They have a steak and kid that goes mighty fine with a mug of Maclays Ale.

I like to get dressed up like Lord Denning (or Roy bean), and I get drunk and eat the pie while drilling holes in a muffler. I do this all while speeding and not signaling lane changes. One time they were discussing abortion and down-syndrome on the radio and I thought of SthiltheDeere and Spacemule. I really don't know why.

You're a chip off the ole block!
Gypo

Ignoring the law is [unethical], yes.

Like hell it is. There are very few laws that are, at their core, born of moral and ethical obligations. Remember your 1L latin, right? Just 'cause something gets written down or passed by a body of corrupt politicians, or the agencies they empower to do their work, does not make it morally or ethically binding on anyone.

Good one

Ok, ok, you guys have made your point. We all know there are some ridiculous laws on the books. Obviously we don't follow all laws, and I didn't mean to imply we should.

Still, there is no doubt a moral quality about respecting the rule of law. My poor definition of this issue does not change that fact.

Believe me when I say you will obey laws of my land:laugh:

10 You are not permitted to post or mention information that contains content intended to victimize, harass, degrade, or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, race, ethnicity, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Hate speech of any type will result in suspension at ArboristSite.com.

12 You are not permitted to harass other members at ArboristSite.com. This includes offensive remarks or remarks that attempt to provoke another member. Sarcastic baiting is also not permitted. If you disagree with someone, state why, but do not resort to name calling, threats, etc…

Oh, and your not guilty of any of this right! LOL, get off your High Horse dude.

Just checking in

Looks like Space said uncle but didn't change his mind. Old laws on the books, abortion, my my I've created a masterpiece,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Space NEVER says uncle.

When he posted the forum rules as a threat to those on his hide he was saying uncle as in ease up on me,LOL He didn't changed his opinion though, he holds fast to that for sure. I have a word that describes Space, STUBBORN. <-----Space did I spell that right,hehe

Looks like Space said uncle but didn't change his mind. Old laws on the books, abortion, my my I've created a masterpiece,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

If it keeps up at this rate we'll solve the meaning of life and come to a full understanding of women.:hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:

Mr. HE:cool:

Back