Modders beware!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just wondering, I really only like doing it for myself, besides my saws are are better then 99.999999% of the loggers around here.

Same here. I tinker with my own. I open the mufflers, a few I've cut the ports on. Never done it for anyone else and sure as hell won't now.

I assume those logger saws your talking about look like all the pro arborsits saws I see in the shop. Man some look like they should have been pitched long ago. They run them until there is nothing left of them. To them they are money making tools and they treat them as such. They givem hell for sure...

the ses light can be used too tell the inspector or the owner if the veh is ready too be tested if you know what too look for..If the light is on steady at key on but goes off when started its ready for insp. If it blinks when key is rolled on its not ready even if its off after starting.
If a fault code has been erased recently the ses will blink at key on untill the veh passes self test. This may take several drive cycles.

True but that type of diagnostic feature is built into the inspection machine also, in counties that require that type of testing. Some are still using the book/pencil method. The NCDMV dummy cars don't have a bulb at all, so when you pull out of the service drive to start your checks, you see right then it has no bulb.

Lol, you live in NY and are asking that question? Of course they can lie their ass off.

Now who was saying what about morals ethics and laws?

Oh..... well I was just showing pure unquestionable faith in the moral sanctity of our governing bodies. You know.... just letting my ethics be my guide.

Lol, you live in NY and are asking that question? Of course they can lie their ass off.

Now who was saying what about morals ethics and laws?

Well are lawmakers are such fine examples of morals ethics and following the laws like paying their taxes.

Well crap...........Does this mean i can get in trouble for modding an electric.

attachment.php

Saying that Ignoring the law is not moral is not the same thing as saying a law is moral. Regardless of whether the law is a moral standard, your treatment of it is a moral characteristic. If you choose to ignore laws simply because you don't want to follow them, not for any ethical reason, you are not a moral person. It really is that simple.

Simply not true. You cannot put morality into following or not following a law. It is very basic; they are two separate concepts and standards.

Often breaking a law will be immoral or unethical because many laws parallel those standards. But that does not a violation of one a violation of the other make.

Mr. HE:cool:

I pay alot for business liability ins..........They told me it becomes my issue if I dont follow there policy ........Which means Im on my own ............

Your insurance company sounds something like Stihl. Stihl makes a big deal out of telling the dealers they will take up or back them up on any lawsuit pertaining to their products PROVIDING we follow all the rules. The list of rules must be followed to the word. Anything ignored your on your own.

There was a story floating around a few years ago about a rental center. The owner was busy when some guy came in wanting to rent a pole prunner. The owner, busy with other people, merely asked the man if he knew how to use it, the customer said yes. He signed the rental agreement, took the pole prunner and left.

Later that evening that customer got hung into a power line with that prunner and it killed him. His family file suit against the rental center because get this, he was given the pole prunner without a instruction book or owners manual which they claim led to his death.

Stihl policy is every unit must be supplied with the owners manual. They refused to take up the lawsuit on behalf of the rental center because of that manual not being supplied. His insurance was just like Stihl and refused to get involved because rules were broken, the owners manual wasn't supplied with the product.

The family apparently had more money than the man that owned the rental center. The case went to court but was never finnished in court. The rental man wound up killing himself. Two families runied over a owners manual. Thats how bad things can get if someone really wants to force the issue, unbelievable but true.

But that does not a violation of one a violation of the other make.

Mr. HE:cool:

I did not say it did. You're using a strawman. I said that ignoring the law is an indication that a person is immoral. Especially when the law involves work done for another person.

As with any undercover "sting", what if you asked the supposed customer if he was a police officer right off the bat? Can they legally lie to you, and still bust you?

They wont send a sworn officer to complete the transaction.
Just some Govt. terd with a wire, and possibly a second person as a witness.

Just like underage Cig. stings.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I will keep modding mufflers and the rest of the things I do. I just dont deal with liberal fags like Rex. People like him are exactly what is wrong with this country.

:popcorn:

I did not say it did. You're using a strawman. I said that ignoring the law is an indication that a person is immoral. Especially when the law involves work done for another person.

The law is Unconstitutional period.

intrastate commerce and all.. not to mention unless emissions were released there is no interstate aspect at all.

The "Special Taxation" for manufacturing of full auto firearms from non full auto firearms was created just because of the same situation.

Any way ya look at it. It's plain old thuggery. Legal does not mean lawfull.

And yes I understand your argument.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I will keep modding mufflers and the rest of the things I do. I just dont deal with liberal fags like Rex. People like him are exactly what is wrong with this country.

:popcorn:
A few points.

1. I am not a "fag."
  2. I am not a liberal.
  3. Derrogatory comments and biggoted idiocy are what's wrong with this country, not prinicipled people like myself.

LOL, if it weren't for us retailers you'd have no saws to mod, wait, that didn't sound right,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
Well, you gotta point there...I started suckin' up to a couple of my local dealers in hopes of pickin' some abandoned saws...one told me to check back, he didn't have any now but gets them from time to time...he's primarily a Stihl dealer, so I told him toss the orange ones my way...but creamsicles welcome also...

I guess all you dealers are the same, I asked for a loop of chain and while he was looking it up he said, "you're gonna pay for that..."...yep, I did cause I wanted to take it home...:clap:

My dealer won't touch a modded saw, or even order me a dual-port 066 muffler cover, citing insurance and WCB concerns; nothing at all to do with emissions (though that will be coming up here as well...). I understand not wanting to mod a saw for a logger etc. for fear of them being injured due to the modification, but refusing to sell legally obtainable parts to be installed by an end-user? A bit too far, IMO.

Latest posts

Back