Models made in China

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Crazy

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
This thread is not to bash any product that comes out of China or brand that makes product in China. If you don't mind the "made in China", fine. If you do, thats fine also.

List models that you know are made in China, then people can make an informed choice.

I have not seen any chainsaw yet with the "made in China" label, but I use only pro models.

The Efco trimmer models 8270 and 8271 are made in China.
Same for the Stihl FS38, made in China also, at least in the Canadian market.

have you not seen the chineese rippoff stihls and huskies on ebay,heaps on there:cheers:

I don't deal with e-bay so they do not interest me. I am talking about what is on the shelf at the local dealer, Stihl, Husky, Dolmar, etc.

I am an Efco dealer and nothing in their literature pointed to any product made in China. I was disappointed to find out that the trimmers I ordered were made there.

My demo works great and has a 5 year warranty, but will be a hard sell coming from China. May be somewhat easier to sell now that the Stihl FS 38 has a made in China label. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Go to that big wholesale exchange site www.alibaba.com and do a search for the word "chainsaw". You will get over 200 pages of Chinese rip off chainsaws.

Personally I don't really care if China makes what ever it wants, but the counterfeit items really tick me off.

Made in China and even says "pro" on the side ..........
attachment.php

Back