Modified Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDA

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What people belong to this forum and modify saws just for the pure kick of doing it.
I am a mechanic by trade but have done very little with small engine stuff. I would like to buy old saws and Hot-Rod them, just like people do with 32 Fords, maybe run a couple of carbs, repaint em in go-fast colours, throw some chrome at em, and make em pull like a schoolboy! Somthin old and unusual but looks cool and goes a lil better than somthin comparable brand new from the factory!

(all this without going over the top that is and making them into racing saws with a turbo or whichever hooked up)

make them into something "streetable"!! :)

BDA said:
................ just like people do with 32 Fords, :)

Do you have access to flathead parts ? It has nothing to do with saws but since you mentioned it.

Bill

Still thinking about what it takes to make a "sleeper" saw. Other than modding the muffler and changing the air filter....that's about the simplest 2 things one can do for extra h.p. I am thinking of other ways to modify for more performance. I can see a hotsaw in the future for myself.

Latest posts

Back