Monkey Tail

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incomplete

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I know that there is a product called a monkey tail and I am not talking about that.

What I want to know is if anyone uses a work position lanyard, like this,

https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=163&item=699

as essentially a second life line when the need arrises. My thought is to rig it with a micropulley and use it in conjunction with my 2-in-1 as a normal lanyard.

Here is my thought for set up:

15 foot lanyard, prussic on the harness, nothing in the spliced eye on the harness side, fastener on the working end rigged with a retrieval line on a microbiner. I am unsure what kind of snap to use on the working end. I love the rope snap ABR supplies with these lanyards but I am fearful that the bulk of a rope snap will damage the tree, and am wondering if a small tri-act biner, like DMM makes, wouldn't be better. However, the rope snap version is 8 dollars more and a separate biner is at least $18.

What I would do, as the need arises, is flip the monkey's tail up over support where I am working, clip it to itself, snug up the loop, take up/play out slack as needed and go to work.

What say you?

I think your gonna find out a 15' long lanyard slack is going to get stuck alot while your trying to move around in the tree.

Back