More oil in the mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... didn't know that full synthetic would seperate, and not protect from rust... Bah. There was some Lucas synthetic blend there on the rack too.

Ian

Mebbe I'll cut it half and half with the Stihl conventional oil I have on hand. :hmm3grin2orange:

Ian

How about a swizzle stick mod for the gas cap. Ya just give it a crank or two every few cuts. :ices_rofl:

If you're going to store your saw for a bit, you'll need to add some petro oil so it doesn't rust. And if the fuel mix sits for a day or two, you want to agitate it real well before filling the tank, and then agitate your saw too, especially those new saws that don't vibrate much.
Mike, your making blanket statements. Many synthetic oils protect against corrossion just fine. It all depends on the add pack and the type/quality of base oils used. I might also point out that most oils today are at least partially synthetic, including those sold by Stihl, Husky, Redmax, Echo and others.
As for pre mix oils dropping out of suspension. I have never had or have seen this issue with any oil. Synthetics are certainly no more prone to dropping out of suspension and in reality may be less prone as they tend to be slightly thinner in viscosity due to their inherently superior viscosity index.

Dug this one out of the past eh... one of my first posts before I became enlightened. Gary should like this one.

Ian

Back