Moving wood to house

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor has a slick desgn in his 70 year old farmhouse that was originally heated by a large brick fireplace. On either side of the fieplace are what look like two 2 ft. wide cabinet doors. When you open them, they expose a 5 ft. wide by 6ft. tall bumpout shed that has one large door. Each shed holds about 3/4 cord. It eliminates the mess of hauling wood through the house. My house lay out doesn't allow for a pass through but if I ever built a new home, I would certainly incorporate one.

Well, I'm a bit late, and the pics were taken in the dark, but here goes. The tractor is a '73 Massey 180, Dad bought it new, and me and it have spent a lot of time together over the years. It's got a 7' snow bucket that holds 2 rows of 16" wood, between 1/4 1/3 cord. Snow's knee deep in most spots, I had trouble getting up the hill back to the house with a load on the front, I'll be smarter and plow next time I go out there...

View attachment 331792

View attachment 331794

Wood chute into the basement, 10" PVC with a couple of scrap 4x4s bolted on for legs.

View attachment 331797

Pile in the basement, note the indoor wood hauler, aka wheelbarrow, for moving the wood back to the wood room.

View attachment 331798
It's about as easy as I can make it without going to an OWB. In better conditions, I'll often use the truck, just one row along the tailgate where it's easy to reach.
Hell of a great idea! :rock:

Here is how I do it, took these pics late this afternoon.

20140209_161930.jpg

20140209_161954.jpg

And this is how I get it in the basement.

20140209_162411.jpg

20140209_163016.jpg

that's gonna be the kicker for me. have a lot of corrugated laying around....... so I will have to cover it with that

usually just toss a week or two across the tailgate and back it up to the house.

Attachments

• IMAG1465-19035699.jpg
    IMAG1465-19035699.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 23
16410-d476fc2185c660aa227b50cd67709ffc.jpg
when did you swipe my rear bumper?? well! since you got it now I sure hope you took the right rear quarter panel dent also?? lol wanna trade end gates?

hahaha! you noticed that huh? hooked an oak tree in tight quarters! I'm not too worried about it though!

hahaha! you noticed that huh? hooked an oak tree in tight quarters! I'm not too worried about it though!
?? the oak tree that I hooked disappeared somewhere?? maybe it moved to your place hey! lol im not really worried either as the other side is looking lonely ... so it should not be too long before it gets visited by another tree....

I mostly use a tractor to pull loads of firewood or logs to the house,
standard.jpg

and if it's very far away, i pull doubles or even tripples,

standard.jpg

It just alows me to get a bunch of wood moved with less trips,

standard.jpg

SR

Latest posts

Back