ms 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found 044 Mag at a pawn shop today. used in great shape. $350. SO, I don't know if i need another saw. What do you think?

Pretty cheap!!!! Does it hold up to the drop test? Hold the saw up, grab the rope and drop it, if the saw stays it's probably worth it. See if they will let you fire it up and offer any waranty.
Andy

Good chance it has been stolen, so be careful if you are serious about buying it.

It would be nice, those saws are bada$$ with the bbk so I hear. Do you think if i got the serial # off of it i could run it through a check for stolen saws?

Anyone know?

I run all husky, but a little diversity never hurt.

Yeah, I had to teach my Homelites about diversity. Then I had to teach my 066 about being the "big shot". That's the thing about saws, you need another one to put the ones you have in their places. Okay, it was a lame attempt at "saw justification", but I had to try something.

Mark

Christman said:
Found 044 Mag at a pawn shop today. used in great shape. $350. SO, I don't know if i need another saw. What do you think?

I don't think you fit in here...we're gonna help you become just like us, though...:biggrinbounce2:

Shop owners usually know thier buyers. Find out if it was pawned or sold to them. If it was pawned it has been there a LONG time for it to be out on the floor and anyone looking for it could have found it by now. If it was sold to them find out how recently. Again, the FIRST place people look for stolen items like this is at Pawn shops - so if it's been there a while somebody isn't looking or it isn't stolen.

Reputable shop owners don't want stolen stuff. Besides, they have to return it for free if the owner shows up w/ proof of ownership.

Which is another reason to keep good Proof of Ownership!

Chaser

Latest posts

Back