MS 260 stalling out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbird

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an MS 260pro that i use for cutting wood for home use. Last time out saw starts idles fine. After it warms up it wants to stall at full throttle. Replaced air and fuel filter and gas line, exhaust is clear, vent is clear. Using ethanol free 92 gas. , first time I took it out this year it ran fine, now...............tear carb apart and clean/rebuild ????? or send it to the shop? thanks for advice

Was there a temp difference from last time running the saw till now? may just need a retune...

Thanks for the advice, one other thing is when saw is turned on side (gas tank cap up) gas appears to be leaking from somewhere on top of tank or vicinity of carb. It was leaking before I replace the gas line so I assumed that old line had crack or hole in it somewhere (it was cracked inside tank). Can this be related to my stalling problem? Also I am not familiar with the impulse line or where/how to replace it. I can work on these things when necessary just not as familiar with them as most of you are.:msp_thumbup:

screen

the screen in the carb on the 260 gets clogged up.clean it up ,should be ok . k

Check your gas tank vent line, if that is ok then I would rebuild the carb. I see it about everyday in the shop. We see very few issues with impulse lines, although we have a tool we use a gauge to check impulse on saws, it is rare to see a issue there. Most frequently it is the carb that just needs a rebuild, be sure and clean or replace the inlet screen if it shows any debris or gunk in it.

Saw back running

Thanks for all the feedback. Finally pulled the carb and disassembled, sprayed everything down with cleaner, compressed air dry, reassembled and back on. Ran for 10-15 min. Everything seems OK. The only needle I just removed and reset back to original setting. I believe this is the low speed mix . High speed is fixed on this saw. Adjusted it to where there is no hesitation when you hit the gas, I assume there is nothing else that needs to be done. Thanks to all.

Latest posts

Back