MS200T throttle problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the throttle rod is slightly bent?
I can't discern a difference when compared with a known good rod, but my experience says very subtle changes can have outsized effects. I'm also suspicious that the hole in the trigger has perhaps wallowed out enough to lose its "grip" on the rod.

I can't discern a difference when compared with a known good rod, but my experience says very subtle changes can have outsized effects. I'm also suspicious that the hole in the trigger has perhaps wallowed out enough to lose its "grip" on the rod.
Well if the clip that holds the two rods in place is very so lightly just barely touching them, then try a new long throttle rod and trigger. Hard to tell from here, but that hole in the trigger should be fairly tight. Any way they can be china knock off parts ? How about a few pics? Look closely. And see where the parts are made.

It might be just a goop build-up problem that causes problems with the operation of the parts. I suggest that you disassemble and clean up everything there and get all the goop out. Then put all the clean parts back together. I did this with a 200t this past summer and it worked fine once again. Parts on this saw cost an arm and a leg. Unfortunately, that's the way it is.

It might be just a goop build-up problem that causes problems with the operation of the parts. I suggest that you disassemble and clean up everything there and get all the goop out. Then put all the clean parts back together. I did this with a 200t this past summer and it worked fine once again. Parts on this saw cost an arm and a leg. Unfortunately, that's the way it is.
Yup the parts are real expensive.

Not sure about MS200T's , but I have done some of my best cussing replacing the control cable in a MS201TCM and trying to get all that frigging mess back together.
Agreed. The guy who designed that setup for Stihl was probably committed to an institution afterwards. It was a nerve-wracking venture for me also.

there is a youtube flic on the 201 on the silly setup they have- just rebuilt a 200 but didn't take the main trigger area apart but twice I had to do the 201 for a friend that his saw fell down from a tree a friend lent him a 200 and I said if you can buy it do it - got a box oft hem with about 6 200T's in various staits and missing some parts- gold

Back