Ms261 alloy h limiter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wonder the Brits scream about the non-Mtronic 261s so much. They have taken the carb limiters to extremes!

Howdy Windthrown ... long time no see !

I didn't want to open a can of worms nor stirring up a bee's nest... . All I see that the new generation of saws are tuned very lean to pass emission specs. And why autotune was introduced...

So, do I need to drill the alloy cap or can it be pulled somehow ?

Hey Belgian! I have been back on here for a while now. Since the Xen Foro forum change.

No can of worms opened. Just awareness of newer restrictive EPA devices to overcome. The method to remove the alloy limiters is the same as removing the plastic ones, but using a file on the tabs instead of a utility knife to file them off. You can inert a drywall screw to turn the limiter to line it up with the slot, and then pull it straight out. It is harder to pull than the plastic ones, and sometimes even the plastic ones can be tough to pull out. Or you can insert the 2mm allen wrench and turn it hard to strip the limiter restrictors out like Mastermind does. Too bad the old vB version AS photos do not load in old threads like this one.

Defeating these limiters is simple. All you have to do is drill the steel pin out of the carb body.

They have done away with the steel pin.

I swear they watch these threads to defeat us in another way!

Back