MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole idea of gutting the stratos is to provide fuel for all air entering the engine. With that divider in place, you're still only providing fuel for half of the air entering the carb.

You're saying the saw is getting twice as much air and only half the full it needs? Wouldn't it be incredibly lean, if that were the case?

I don't think so... A portion of it is routed to the strato ports... Yes?

I'm not about to get into a pissing match.....but.

It will pull more fuel with the divider in place because the low pressure signal is stronger. That's why it wouldn't run at all with it removed.

The whole idea of gutting the stratos is to provide fuel to all air entering the engine. With that divider in place, you're still only providing fuel for half of the air entering the carb.

Sufficient fuel for half the air = incredibly lean

If a crack in an intake boot can make a saw lean out to the point of damage, a gaping hole through the carburetor should be worse, right?

I don't think so... A portion of it is routed to the strato ports... Yes?

Not really. It's only divided in the carb. The intake and jug are gutted, so it will mix there before it reaches the stratos.

The same jug on the OE MS261.

11.28 if my watch is right.

Last edited:
Did y'all see Jon's old 026?

He's a little heavy handed with it, but it does pretty well. :msp_biggrin:

[video=youtube;DeesktiRrug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeesktiRrug[/video]

jon's 026 is Still the fastest saw in the whole thread(so far):msp_tongue:

Where are you at compression wise at this point?

Where are you at compression wise at this point?

205psi on the OE MS261. I've not ported the MS261 C-M yet.

So does that mean the m tronic makes less power than the old school carb?

I wouldn't say that yet. I just put the OE jug on the C-M to see how it reacted to gutting the stratos. I think it may do better with the system intact.

jon's 026 is Still the fastest saw in the whole thread(so far):msp_tongue:

no ,just that Jon builds a better 50cc saw :potstir:

I ported Jon's saw too......your argument is invalid. :msp_tongue:

And sharpens his chain...

Jon has me beat on chain.......for now. :msp_thumbup:

205psi on the OE MS261. I've not ported the MS261 C-M yet.

I wouldn't say that yet. I just put the OE jug on the C-M to see how it reacted to gutting the stratos. I think it may do better with the system intact.

I ported Jon's saw too......your argument is invalid. :msp_tongue:

Jon has me beat on chain.......for now. :msp_thumbup:

What is the stock compression? what percent power increase do you estimate so far?

What is the stock compression? what percent power increase do you estimate so far?

It was 155psi when I started.

I figure between 35 - 40% gain on your saw. We started at about 18 seconds, with a fresh chain. Now we are down to about 11.....and the chain has two dozen or more cuts on it in this cant, and that many more in an oak round I'm using to help calibrate the M-Tronic.

It was 155psi when I started.

I figure between 35 - 40% gain on your saw. We started at about 18 seconds, with a fresh chain. Now we are down to about 11.....and the chain has two dozen or more cuts on it in this cant, and that many more in an oak round I'm using to help calibrate the M-Tronic.

SWEEEET! This is going to be one fun saw.....got a 16" 3/8 bar and stihl square chisel chain waiting to see what the saw will do....keep up the good work.

Great thread Randy. It has given me a great oppurtunity to learn and I thank you for your time and your efforts. I like the fact you are wiling to share the knowledge. You learn and teach all at the same time.

Randy, if its better than the 261 you sent me then it'll be a demon! I'm cutting dead gum with a 3/8 .063 18", using the full bar and it's no bother, this thing rocks! Your 660 getting a good work out too and I just can't decide which one I like more, :) if I ever get back to America I'll be stopping by in TN to shake your hand, good work Sir

Great thread Randy. It has given me a great oppurtunity to learn and I thank you for your time and your efforts. I like the fact you are wiling to share the knowledge. You learn and teach all at the same time.

Thanks for the kind words.....but you probably are giving me more credit than I deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back