MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mieEj_bqU2ZCef0jyo8iRtg.jpg

What happens if you pull the air filter, will the carb instantly make the adjustments and feed fuel? How far can the carb go before it won't feed enough fuel. I know they will adjust for an air leak, but that is not going to work if it already flowing at its max.

What happens if you pull the air filter, will the carb instantly make the adjustments and feed fuel? How far can the carb go before it won't feed enough fuel. I know they will adjust for an air leak, but that is not going to work if it already flowing at its max.

Huskys autotune system will provide enough fuel to flood a ported saw out when they have an air leak. I figure this system would be the same.

I'm moving on the just leaving the strato system intact and porting it that way now.

Did you remove the plastic divider in the carb venturi?

I re-calibrated for each mod.

Of course not. That would throw all the system's calibrations out because it would racially lower the signal at the fuel nozzle. :msp_confused:

Of course not. That would throw all the system's calibrations out because it would racially lower the signal at the fuel nozzle. :msp_confused:

That would explain why it runs. But it also explains why it didn't make much difference in power. You're still only adding fuel for half the volume of air going through the carb, then allowing that to mix with the fresh air from the bottom half of the carb. In order for gutting the stratos to make sense, you must provide fuel for all air going through the carb.

That would explain why it runs. But it also explains why it didn't make much difference in power. You're still only adding fuel for half the volume of air going through the carb, then allowing that to mix with the fresh air from the bottom half of the carb. In order for gutting the stratos to make sense, you must provide fuel for all air going through the carb.

You're saying the saw is getting twice as much air and only half the full it needs? Wouldn't it be incredibly lean, if that were the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back