MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already really like the spirit of this thread, with Brad and Randy collaborating like in the old days. :clap:

All I do is open up the factory opening under the stock deflector, add the gills on the other side, and cut a slot through the internal pipe with a carbide burr.

OK, I may need more opening. I'll get some pics up. This computer sucks so I'm letting my videos upload now.

The first two cuts were off the roll RSC .325

The third cut was one of Jon's square ground .325 chains. The saws are still totally stock up to this point.

The reason I threw that video up was the show how much difference chain makes. Even though the first videos were done with new Stihl non-safety RSC chain, nearly a 38% improvement in cut speed was found just by swapping the chain.

I guess that answers my question as to how much better square ground cuts.

This might be a stupid question but did the 260 become a strato saw when it became the 261 or is it just the auto tune carb model? My ms260 pro was definately not.

I wonder what the MM would do with stock chain? Harder pulling.

We are back with stock chain. Just the one time with square...

This might be a stupid question but did the 260 become a strato saw when it became the 261 or is it just the auto tune carb model? My ms260 pro was definately not.

The 261 is strato, the 261c is strato with M-Tronic.

This is what I've always done on the 261. That way if it must be screened I can make a slot for the screen in the deflector and use a open mesh. And it bypasses the internal pipe this way too.

This is what I've always done on the 261. That way if it must be screened I can make a slot for the screen in the deflector and use a open mesh. And it bypasses the internal pipe this way too.

That looks nice but when I modded my 441c-m and my 880 similar to that they started to melt the handles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back