MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks nice but when I modded my 441c-m and my 880 similar to that they started to melt the handles.

I've not had any trouble with melting.....but I don't do anything to the deflector.

This is what I've always done on the 261. That way if it must be screened I can make a slot for the screen in the deflector and use a open mesh. And it bypasses the internal pipe this way too.

That looks pretty open, Randy, more than I open up the stock side on mine. Now I'm really curious how it responds with another port.

After looking at pictures of mine...I hogged everything out from under the deflector so thats probably what I did wrong.

I actually leave the factory provisions for the spark arrestor screen. You don't want to remove material any farther forward than what the deflector covers. Otherwise, you will be shooting more exhaust onto the brake handle.

Brad, I don't know how in the world you make those slots look so good. These I did look like ####.

I'm gonna do a welded deflector so I don't have to hang my head is shame when someone sees this mess. :msp_sad:

Brad, I don't know how in the world you make those slots look so good. These I did look like ####.

I'm gonna do a welded deflector so I don't have to hang my head is shame when someone sees this mess. :msp_sad:

Do you use a wire welder on the super thin stainless and regular mufflers or do you braze them?

I'm gonna get a bite to eat......I hate it when I put something up, then can't remember where I put it.

Eutectic "pink" fluxed 1020 FC brazing rod. It's killer on SS.

I'll need to remember that. I never found the silver and had to "wing it" with white fluxed brazing rod. It ain't my best looking work.......but it really helped. Adding more opening gained us 14.7%.

Check my math to be sure.........we were at a 17 second average, and went to a 14.5 second average. That's 2.5 seconds faster....and 2.5 seconds is 14.7% of 17. Correct?

“If a cluttered bench is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty bench a sign?”

It a sign of a sorry mechanic. :msp_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back