MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I'll have a couple of the same model that are landing on the bench in the same week.......then I'll have a few more that are a week or two away. When it works out like that I'll get them all out and do them together. That way I just use one saw to set up my degree wheel on, and all the cylinders are setup on the one saw. I do all the machine work the same, all the port heights the same, etc.....
Are the bottom ends and pistons really that consistent? I would imagine that there has to be at least some variance.

They are that consistent. If not, you would never be able to buy a new top end and expect it to perform properly.

Randy,
You lost your tie and jacket ...................
Whats the writing say ?

It dont look right

Good thread here!
Guess I'll be looking for a ms261 soon :chainsaw:.

Probably even have it masterminded straotofied ported :D.

Now hang on a minute,,,,,, did you bump your head climbing out of a trench box????? Seams i recall you stating in the past that your first impression of the 261 was a " cheap plastic handled piece of shat".:p

:ices_rofl:

Now hang on a minute,,,,,, did you bump your head climbing out of a trench box????? Seams i recall you stating in the past that your first impression of the 261 was a " cheap plastic handled piece of shat".:p

I think that was mine too. After running Randy's the other day I may need a metal handle bar. I was pushing as hard as I could on the little bastard and it kept pulling.

HAHA!! I still don't like the plastic handle bar,,,but I think I can get used to it :laugh:.

I do like that......and I liked it on the MS260. The diameter of it fits my hand better than the older metal style.

I've been working on a new way to do these mufflers so they can be screened. This is what I came up with.

The screws are temporary. I've got rivet nuts and torx screws in route from McMaster Carr coming to install the deflectors with.

Where did you find the deflector?

could u put the deflector threw the muffler instead of on the outside? it would give it a cleaner look.

Have you come up with a better solution in regards to the paint you apply once you mod the muffler?

I've been just masking of the rest of the muffler and painting only the deflector. It's still not a good looking solution. I checked on ceramic paints, but they are damned expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back