MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kinda roughing it but may get by with it for a while
ShelleyShop81as.jpg

Brian, how long have you lived in P.A. ? My mom's people are all from there.

No Durand, I'll put in a foundation, and build it with a wooden floor.
Good decision. As I get older I really appreciate a wooden floor vs. concrete. My saw shop is on concrete. I do most of my work from a tall chair because my feet just can't take it.

Stihra: 4678775 said:
That is a sweet set up,just wondering about the fresh air part at the top how do you go with dust,heat,cold ect.
That was a random google image, googled saw shop inside and it was at top of my images,not my shop,gives me some ideas for when I expand mine though

Stihra: 4678775 said:
That is a sweet set up,just wondering about the fresh air part at the top how do you go with dust,heat,cold ect.
That was a random google image, googled saw shop inside and it was at top of my images,not my shop,gives me some ideas for when I expand mine though

My mom was born there and graduated in the 60's. My grandpa lived there until he passed away three years ago, my grandma passed in '97. They had a place up on Lake Dawn, off of Hurricane Ridge Rd., from the 50's to the 90's. Lots of good memories up there.

I've been just masking of the rest of the muffler and painting only the deflector. It's still not a good looking solution. I checked on ceramic paints, but they are damned expensive.
Gotcha. I don't mind the high temp grill paint rubbing off my 261c much like yours, but was thinking that it would be cool to find a permanent solution. Right now the way it sits I think that it's just icing on the cake.

I put the dual spikes on mine this morning. A lot of people don't like them on smaller saws, but I do quite a bit of firewood falling and bucking with a 50cc and I love the dual spikes.

Has one figured out a good way to open up the existing exhaust outlet on these, and leave the spark screen in place? Not many options with the design...

There are a few regular 261s on shelves around me as well.

I put the dual spikes on mine this morning. A lot of people don't like them on smaller saws, but I do quite a bit of firewood falling and bucking with a 50cc and I love the dual spikes.

What did they bang you for that cover? I agree with you having the outside spike. I probably wouldn't have bought one but I just repurposed the inside spike from my 044 when I put bigger ones on. I like having both.IMG-20140127-00412.jpg

The cover is the oem one. I just put the dual spikes on it and the roller chain catcher....and removed the factory aluminium chain catcher.

The cover is the oem one. I just put the dual spikes on it and the roller chain catcher....and removed the factory aluminium chain catcher.
How long of bolts did you get? I got the dual set about a week ago, but the ones that come with it are too short and haven't really had a chance to look close or get another couple bolts.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393724942.674883.jpg
Seems to be the thing to do lately! ;). My 261 got some new teeth yesterday too. Did you shim the roller axle?

I like the double dawgs and bare tsumara bar, but I don't really get into the non-safety 3/8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back